Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251217
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: D80 should i upgrade firmware?" Previous topic | Next topic
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Thu 17-May-12 12:40 PM
8788 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D80 should i upgrade firmware?"
In response to In response to 0

Atlanta, US

Given that you are having a problem and there is a firmware fix that helps deal with that type of issue, I think it is worth a chance.

It is very important that you follow the instructions for the firmware upgrade exactly. You need a fully charged battery before starting. You can download both A&B at the same time, but they must be installed one at a time with reformatting the card in between.
That firmware update has been around a long time and there are no issues with it as long as the instructions are followed.

Going forward, be sure to make sure your firmware is up to date. Normally there are one or two big issues being addressed but a firmware update is the chance to fix little things that are not specified. Think of firmware updates as repairs fixing defective or sub-optimal operating software - just because you have not experienced a problem does not mean you should avoid the update.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A topic tagged as having a questionD80 should i upgrade firmware? [View all] , eluong , Thu 17-May-12 08:53 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: D80 should i upgrade firmware?
ericbowles Moderator
17th May 2012
eluong
26th May 2012
MEMcD Moderator
17th May 2012
blw Moderator
18th May 2012
gkaiseril Gold Member
26th May 2012

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #251217 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.