nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
km6xz

St Petersburg, RU
3404 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: One of a kind post!"

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009
Thu 10-May-12 08:07 PM

Hi Darlene. we have not talked much lately but I can see you are progressing well. You did nothing wrong or inappropriate but we also do not know what was on his mind or if engrossed in conversation. He might have been a Canon owner intimidated by your Nikon gear;>)
But keep making contacts randomly, most of the good fortune, interesting experiences and financial reward I've met came about from meeting someone new who opened a door or possibilities.
Being interactive with people is the MAIN benefit of my photography, most of my non-photography friends I have met in the last 3 years came from some connection to a chance meeting somewhat related to my photography.
Speaking of nice lenses, a fellow Nikonian Peter Becket let me take shots with his 400 2.8, D4 and V1 after feed me and also fellow Nikonian Roger Martin a great home cooked lunch. Roger brought his D800 so I got a chance to see what the excitement is all about. I just bought a new 24-70 2.8 Nikon and was able to test it on their camera since my D7000 was in being calibrated...get it back tomorrow. Sunday morning is my big camera day, bought a D800 yesterday and I pick it up from Best Buy at 10.
The 400 2.8 is a marvel and a beast but I was able to get a few shots handheld before retreating to a HD carbon fiber tripod, Tied the V1, with adapter for F mount on the back of that monster TC and 400, for an effective field of view of 2200mm.
If one in 20 people reject your overtures, that is still a very good change from NOT reaching out;>) and a small price in embarrassment to pay.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic One of a kind post! [View all] , pasknucklehead , Fri 13-Apr-12 05:47 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: One of a kind post!