nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
nrothschild

US
10916 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: One of a kind post!"

nrothschild Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Registered since 25th Jul 2004
Sun 22-Apr-12 09:10 PM | edited Sun 22-Apr-12 09:16 PM by nrothschild

Hi Darlene,

I shoot at Conowingo but usually only the fall migration. I would have been happy to lower my tripod a few inches to let you look.

I even let non-photographers look through my lens when there is something interesting to see and it makes for a convenient spotting scope.

I would hope your experience was atypical. You probably had the luck of a bad draw. Most serious photographers I've met are very friendly and open.

Some people with long heavy lenses (usually a 600/4) fear their glass. They are afraid that if they look at it wrong it may spontaneously fall over or otherwise get damaged or destroyed. There is a certain skill required to shorten a tripod, in particular with a 600/4 on top, because it is possible to get out of control and end badly. That may have had something to do with it, especially if he is a new owner.

Edit: to get to the core of your post, regardless of how I might handle it, no, I don't think your request was a breach of etiquette. Especially at Conowingo where, after the turbines shut down there is nothing to do except either leave or talk about gear and the bird I shot and the bird that got away...

my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic One of a kind post! [View all] , pasknucklehead Silver Member, Fri 13-Apr-12 05:47 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: One of a kind post!