nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What is a penta-dach mirror type viewfinder?

N80

Rock Hill, US
8606 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: What is a penta-dach mirror type viewfinder?"

N80 Silver Member Charter Member
Thu 05-Feb-04 02:34 AM

Heck yea, this thing is quite the package for its price. I think that point is unarguable. It's feature set approximates or exceeds (in some areas) those of my N80. And I'm happy with my N80. But I'd decided not long ago, prior to the D70 announcement, that I wanted to move to a higher end body of the F100 or F5 type. Better AF, etc. But I also want to go digital. Enter the D2. Almost, but not quite my cup of tea even though I'm currently willing/prepared to pay D2 type money. So I'd resigned myself to save up and wait for the expected but currently mythical D2X. And I was content to wait. Then the D70 comes out. Very close in features to what I'm already using and used to. Excellent price point, but still has the faint odor, just a hint, of the mid level consumer body.

BUT, I could get the D70.....NOW (soon) and "save" a few grand compared to a D2X. And probably be as content with it as long as I have been with my N80....3 years and still happy.

This is consumer agony. Consumer agony is good for Nikon and I'm very proud of them for it. This is the kind of pickle that the Nikon digital product line needs to keep us in. I may still wait on the D2X, but I do plan on following the D70 reviews and handling one as soon as they get in shops.

George Barron

My Nikonians Gallery is here:
http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/1091

This is a hot, active topic! What is a penta-dach mirror type viewfinder? [View all] , phyllopod , Wed 28-Jan-04 09:57 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What is a penta-dach mirror type viewfinder?