Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #218987
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: What is a penta-dach mirror type viewfinder?" Previous topic | Next topic
N80 Silver Member Charter MemberThu 05-Feb-04 02:34 AM
8597 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#23. "RE: What is a penta-dach mirror type viewfinder?"
In response to In response to 22

Rock Hill, US

Heck yea, this thing is quite the package for its price. I think that point is unarguable. It's feature set approximates or exceeds (in some areas) those of my N80. And I'm happy with my N80. But I'd decided not long ago, prior to the D70 announcement, that I wanted to move to a higher end body of the F100 or F5 type. Better AF, etc. But I also want to go digital. Enter the D2. Almost, but not quite my cup of tea even though I'm currently willing/prepared to pay D2 type money. So I'd resigned myself to save up and wait for the expected but currently mythical D2X. And I was content to wait. Then the D70 comes out. Very close in features to what I'm already using and used to. Excellent price point, but still has the faint odor, just a hint, of the mid level consumer body.

BUT, I could get the D70.....NOW (soon) and "save" a few grand compared to a D2X. And probably be as content with it as long as I have been with my N80....3 years and still happy.

This is consumer agony. Consumer agony is good for Nikon and I'm very proud of them for it. This is the kind of pickle that the Nikon digital product line needs to keep us in. I may still wait on the D2X, but I do plan on following the D70 reviews and handling one as soon as they get in shops.

George Barron

My Nikonians Gallery is here:
http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/1091

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

This is a hot, active topic!What is a penta-dach mirror type viewfinder? [View all] , phyllopod , Wed 28-Jan-04 09:57 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: What is a penta-dach mirror type viewfinder?
avm247 Moderator
28th Jan 2004
vchong
28th Jan 2004
Rally
01st Feb 2004
vchong
02nd Feb 2004
Rally
02nd Feb 2004
phyllopod
28th Jan 2004
vchong
28th Jan 2004
avm247 Moderator
28th Jan 2004
phyllopod
28th Jan 2004
vchong
29th Jan 2004
Stavros
04th Feb 2004
nuke
01st Feb 2004
lordnikon
02nd Feb 2004
vchong
02nd Feb 2004
lordnikon
02nd Feb 2004
F80
02nd Feb 2004
edwin1ejb Silver Member
02nd Feb 2004
lordnikon
02nd Feb 2004
Stavros
04th Feb 2004
lordnikon
04th Feb 2004
N80 Silver Member
04th Feb 2004
BJNicholls Gold Member
04th Feb 2004
N80 Silver Member
05th Feb 2004
lordnikon
05th Feb 2004
jberez
05th Feb 2004
vchong
05th Feb 2004
Stavros
05th Feb 2004

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D90/D80/D70 (Public) topic #218987 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.