nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

New to the Nikonian world!

Mjehlik

Mt. Sterling, US
3 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"New to the Nikonian world!"

Mjehlik Silver Member Nikonian since 14th Oct 2012
Mon 15-Oct-12 01:48 PM

Glad to be here and find such a plethora of information!

My start in photography began years ago watching my Dad. He was a semi-pro, teacher, dabbler, and a sponge for knowledge--A wonderful eye for the craft. Unfortunately, he passed in 2008. Like many people, I suppose, this spawned a renewed interest in me to hone my own skills (slightly to the right of beginner/novice) and utilize and honor his legacy in my heart. I know I can't be him and he wouldn't want that anyway. But I do carry much of him in me and it's going to be fun to see where the back roads lead me.

With that, I have inherited a ton (not literally--but it's quite overwhelming) of gear. It's mostly SLR, Hasselblad, and boxes and boxes of camera accessories. Most of this stuff I'll never use, realistically. So, if you have any suggestions as to how to sell it, donate it, etc., I'd be grateful. For all you 20-30 year vets, imagine a family member going through your closet and having to put on their archaeological hat! Don't get me wrong, there are great blessings in every box.

As for me, I have been using his D100 for the last four years, with a few lenses, shooting mostly outdoor scenery and my family. A week or so ago I purchased a D7000 and absolutely love it. This thing will keep me on the learning curve for quite a while. One great attribute of the D7000 is that it will accept a good number of my Dad's AI(S) and AF lenses.

I'm having fun now with the Fall colors here in KY and just shooting whenever I have the chance.

Anyway, just a bit of an intro for you all. Glad to be a part of a special group!

Blessings!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic New to the Nikonian world! [View all] , Mjehlik Silver Member, Mon 15-Oct-12 01:48 PM
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: New to the Nikonian world! vobraman Gold Member
15th Oct 2012
Reply message RE: New to the Nikonian world! avigar
15th Oct 2012
     Reply message RE: New to the Nikonian world! Mjehlik Silver Member
15th Oct 2012