Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9805
View in linear mode

Subject: "Capture NX2 opens some tiff files but not others" Previous topic | Next topic
pwarbeck Silver Member Nikonian since 25th May 2009Sun 30-Dec-12 11:28 PM
254 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Capture NX2 opens some tiff files but not others"
Mon 31-Dec-12 01:59 AM by pwarbeck

Tucson AZ, US

I'm running CNX2 version 2.2.7 on Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

I'm outputting tiffs from HDR Efex Pro 2 (HEP2) and attempting to load them into CNX2. Sometimes the tiff loads, and sometime CNX2 says "Cannot load file."

Other people have suggested that the problem is the size of the tiff files. However I have not been able to verify this. The problem seems to occur randomly, sometimes with large tiff files and sometimes with small ones.

I unchecked the "align images" and "reduce chromatic aberration" boxes on the HEP2 Merge screen. After doing this, I was able to consistently output readable tiffs. But I suspect this could be a coincidence. Something else is going on.

Any ideas?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicCapture NX2 opens some tiff files but not others [View all] , pwarbeck Silver Member, Sun 30-Dec-12 11:28 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Capture NX2 opens some tiff files but not others
fmrnykr Silver Member
03rd Jan 2013
pwarbeck Silver Member
03rd Jan 2013
robsb Platinum Member
03rd Jan 2013
pwarbeck Silver Member
03rd Jan 2013
pwarbeck Silver Member
03rd Jan 2013
pshnikchch Silver Member
04th Jan 2013
pwarbeck Silver Member
04th Jan 2013
pshnikchch Silver Member
04th Jan 2013
pwarbeck Silver Member
04th Jan 2013
pshnikchch Silver Member
05th Jan 2013

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9805 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.