nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Pete Wilson

Lake Orion, US
869 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Question about using Capture NX2"

Pete Wilson Gold Member Nikonian since 27th Jun 2004
Sun 23-Dec-12 06:21 PM

I switched to Capture NX2 right when it first came out. What used to take me an hour in photoshop I could do in less than 2 minutes with Capture NX2. Now the other photo processing programs (photoshop included) are getting much better at rendering an as shot photo so process time with them has been greatly reduced. If fact they have gotten so much better that I don't use NX2 hardly anymore. I have switched to Lightroom 4 - mainly for the database functionality but have learned to really like the develop module. When I was using NX2 I would also use photoshop along with it for finishing the photo and printing. How that I am using lightroom 4 I hardly ever use photoshop.

So is it a better product? Yes and No. It is better in how it interprets the raw files but has a lot less functionality than photoshop. I don't think I could use just Capture NX2 without some of the processing having to be done in photoshop.

Pete Wilson
Nikonian from Lake Orion, Michigan
My Nikonians gallery

Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera

This is a hot, active topic! Question about using Capture NX2 [View all] , danshep Silver Member, Sun 23-Dec-12 06:23 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Question about using Capture NX2