nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
gpoole

Farmington Hills, US
3896 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Is NC2 Worth it?"

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004
Fri 09-Nov-12 02:14 PM

I agree with Mick, Jim, and Eric.

I use Capture NX2 for all my NEF editing. I like the way it takes advantage of my in camera settings. CNX2 is a non destructive editor, the raw data is never changed and the edit steps are saved within the NEF. That means there is only one file to keep track of for each image.

The only time I go beyond CNX2 is for HDR of doing things like perspective correction. For HDR I use Oloneo PhotoEngine and the occasional everything else I use PhotoShop Elements 11.

For browsing, rating, and generation of small JPGs for Web or 4x6" prints I use PhotoMechanic. PhotoMechanic can extract the JPGs directly from the embedded JPG of the NEF. There is no need to even go into CNX2 for that. CNX2 updates the embedded JPG when it saves an edited NEF file.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA. Co-organizer of the Southern Michigan Chapter
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300 (720nm IR conversion), D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

A general, generic topic Is NC2 Worth it? [View all] , Scotty Silver Member, Thu 08-Nov-12 01:13 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is NC2 Worth it?