nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9598
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Is NC2 Worth it?" Previous topic | Next topic
gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004Fri 09-Nov-12 03:14 PM
3753 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Is NC2 Worth it?"
In response to In response to 0

Farmington Hills, US

I agree with Mick, Jim, and Eric.

I use Capture NX2 for all my NEF editing. I like the way it takes advantage of my in camera settings. CNX2 is a non destructive editor, the raw data is never changed and the edit steps are saved within the NEF. That means there is only one file to keep track of for each image.

The only time I go beyond CNX2 is for HDR of doing things like perspective correction. For HDR I use Oloneo PhotoEngine and the occasional everything else I use PhotoShop Elements 11.

For browsing, rating, and generation of small JPGs for Web or 4x6" prints I use PhotoMechanic. PhotoMechanic can extract the JPGs directly from the embedded JPG of the NEF. There is no need to even go into CNX2 for that. CNX2 updates the embedded JPG when it saves an edited NEF file.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA. Co-organizer of the Southern Michigan Chapter
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300, D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicIs NC2 Worth it? [View all] , Scotty Silver Member, Thu 08-Nov-12 02:13 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Is NC2 Worth it?
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
08th Nov 2012
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
09th Nov 2012
James23p Moderator Awarded for his wide variety of skills, a true generalist both in film and digital photography
09th Nov 2012
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community
09th Nov 2012
gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014
09th Nov 2012
PAStime Silver Member
10th Nov 2012
four eighty sparky Silver Member
10th Nov 2012

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9598 Previous topic | Next topic