nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
kennoll

Seattle, US
940 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Camera Control Pro 2 on Windows 8"

kennoll Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011
Wed 07-Nov-12 02:28 AM | edited Wed 07-Nov-12 02:30 AM by kennoll

AS a matter of fact I just built my HP laptop with Win 8 to test VNX2, CNX2, LR4, PSE10, and Capture Control Pro 2. So far I tested VNX2, CNX2, LR4, and CCPro2. All worked OK. I didn't do a deep, try-every-option type of test just the basics that I usually use.

I just re-read your post. I have a D300s so Jon is probably right in that CCP hasn't been updated yet for the D800.

My laptop is a two year old an HP dv4t, non-touch screen. Win 8 was an upgrade to an old drive that came with the laptop that had Vista on it.

My personal opinion is that with Win 8 only the human-machine interface has been highly modified to accommodate touch screen devices while the "guts" are still Win 7 or close to it. I think Microsoft is also trying to let go of trying to support older software as well. Example of that is that Visio 2003 is not compatible.

Hope this helps.

Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

A general, generic topic Camera Control Pro 2 on Windows 8 [View all] , phlpyro Gold Member, Tue 06-Nov-12 08:49 PM
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Camera Control Pro 2 on Windows 8 JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
07th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Camera Control Pro 2 on Windows 8 kennoll Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
07th Nov 2012
Reply message RE: Camera Control Pro 2 on Windows 8 JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
07th Nov 2012
     Reply message RE: Camera Control Pro 2 on Windows 8 phlpyro Gold Member
07th Nov 2012
          Reply message RE: Camera Control Pro 2 on Windows 8 dslater Silver Member
08th Nov 2012
               Reply message RE: Camera Control Pro 2 on Windows 8 phlpyro Gold Member
08th Nov 2012