Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9585
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Camera Control Pro 2 on Windows 8" Previous topic | Next topic
kennoll Gold Member Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011Wed 07-Nov-12 02:28 AM
762 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Camera Control Pro 2 on Windows 8"
In response to In response to 0
Wed 07-Nov-12 02:30 AM by kennoll

Seattle, US

AS a matter of fact I just built my HP laptop with Win 8 to test VNX2, CNX2, LR4, PSE10, and Capture Control Pro 2. So far I tested VNX2, CNX2, LR4, and CCPro2. All worked OK. I didn't do a deep, try-every-option type of test just the basics that I usually use.

I just re-read your post. I have a D300s so Jon is probably right in that CCP hasn't been updated yet for the D800.

My laptop is a two year old an HP dv4t, non-touch screen. Win 8 was an upgrade to an old drive that came with the laptop that had Vista on it.

My personal opinion is that with Win 8 only the human-machine interface has been highly modified to accommodate touch screen devices while the "guts" are still Win 7 or close to it. I think Microsoft is also trying to let go of trying to support older software as well. Example of that is that Visio 2003 is not compatible.

Hope this helps.

Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicCamera Control Pro 2 on Windows 8 [View all] , phlpyro Gold Member, Tue 06-Nov-12 08:49 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Camera Control Pro 2 on Windows 8
JonK Moderator
07th Nov 2012
kennoll Gold Member
07th Nov 2012
JonK Moderator
07th Nov 2012
phlpyro Gold Member
07th Nov 2012
dslater Silver Member
08th Nov 2012
phlpyro Gold Member
08th Nov 2012

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9585 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.