Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Atlanta, US
9493 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Merge folders in NX2?"

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005
Sun 04-Nov-12 08:19 PM

Just a warning - if you have too many images in a folder performance gets very slow. It takes time to render a large number of thumbnails. I try to keep folders at 400 images or less after culling rejects.

I like having a new folder created for every download. There are occasions when I make another choice, but it works for me.

Also be careful about your naming convention. If you have files that have the same name, you can overwrite files in the same folder. TO avoid this issue I use a sequential number that does not repeat for all images that I download. Nikon Transfer provides this option - as does Photo Mechanic.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

A general, generic topic Merge folders in NX2? [View all] , glmoore001 , Sun 28-Oct-12 02:08 PM
Reply message RE: Merge folders in NX2?
Reply message RE: Merge folders in NX2?