nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
gkaiseril

Chicago, US
6739 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Win 8"

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005
Wed 31-Oct-12 07:26 PM

Most versions of Windows provided some type of software analysis. Businesses might a unit break on software, but the overall cost can be several thousands of dollars. As for hardware a network printer for a business is most likely a long term lease and the cost to break it can get to be quite expensive on 500 printers. Since many large enterprises have custom built applications, Microsoft has not tested them and the organization needs to perform extensive testing. I just found an issue because of a Windows 7 upgrade in June where the UK office is using the European date format (mm-dd-yy) to enter data into one of our databases instead of the U.S. standard that the application was written for (dd-mm-yy). This results in date for some entries on July 7, 2012 to be listed as occurring on December 7, 2012. Can you foresee the problems this can cause in an accounting or tax system that need to report date a quarterly basis?

The firm I work for has also had a number of employees upgrade to Windows 8 without permission and they are now encountering a number of problems that the firms support team is not prepared to handle.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

A general, generic topic Win 8 [View all] , expat Silver Member, Fri 26-Oct-12 05:08 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Win 8