Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9272
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Final print" Previous topic | Next topic
glo Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Dec 2005Wed 12-Sep-12 02:33 AM
931 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Final print"
In response to In response to 0
Wed 12-Sep-12 03:15 AM by glo

Montgomery, US

John:

Maybe I am missing something, but the aspect ratio of the photo you have posted is none of these sizes:

3x4, 4x6, 5x7, 8x10

If you are trying to print at any of those sizes or multiples of those sizes, then the printer will automatically crop off one or more edges to make it fit the print size.

To me it looks like you may have used free hand cropping without attention to print size/aspect ratio.

I think that if you will crop it to the ratio of a standard picture size, it should print almost exactly as you have cropped it.

Grady
MY GALLERY

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicFinal print [View all] , Gamecocks Silver Member, Wed 29-Aug-12 08:09 PM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Final print
mklass Platinum Member
29th Aug 2012
Gamecocks Silver Member
30th Aug 2012
mklass Platinum Member
30th Aug 2012
Gamecocks Silver Member
30th Aug 2012
ericbowles Moderator
03rd Sep 2012
Gamecocks Silver Member
03rd Sep 2012
glo Silver Member
12th Sep 2012
duh59 Silver Member
13th Sep 2012

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9272 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.