Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9168
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: White balance correction using Capture NX 2 with D7..." Previous topic | Next topic
pshnikchch Silver Member Nikonian since 16th May 2007Mon 20-Aug-12 11:47 AM
255 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: White balance correction using Capture NX 2 with D700 v D800E images"
In response to In response to 3
Mon 20-Aug-12 11:48 AM by pshnikchch

Christchurch, NZ

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I don't know that there are any significant difference between the "internal" settings of my D700 and D800E.

It seems that the basis of my original post was with garments with very dark shades of colours (some almost appearing black to the eye). Lighter shades don't seem to exhibit the same discrepancy.

It also seems that using the marquee rather than point option in setting the white balance within Camera Setting section of NX2 leads to better results than the other options I mentioned.

Interestingly I have compared the white balance correction of D800E images using NX2 and Capture One Pro 6 and concluded that the latter yields better results through to printed output, compared to the original garments.

Peter

http://www.pastoralsystems.co.nz/photography/

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicWhite balance correction using Capture NX 2 with D700 v... [View all] , pshnikchch Silver Member, Mon 13-Aug-12 11:51 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: White balance correction using Capture NX 2 with D7...
Asgard Administrator
14th Aug 2012
pshnikchch Silver Member
14th Aug 2012
jrp Administrator
15th Aug 2012
pshnikchch Silver Member
20th Aug 2012

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9168 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.