nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

White balance correction using Capture NX 2 with D700 v...

pshnikchch

Christchurch, NZ
255 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: White balance correction using Capture NX 2 with D700 v D800E images"

pshnikchch Silver Member Nikonian since 16th May 2007
Mon 20-Aug-12 11:47 AM | edited Mon 20-Aug-12 11:48 AM by pshnikchch

Sorry for the delay in replying.

I don't know that there are any significant difference between the "internal" settings of my D700 and D800E.

It seems that the basis of my original post was with garments with very dark shades of colours (some almost appearing black to the eye). Lighter shades don't seem to exhibit the same discrepancy.

It also seems that using the marquee rather than point option in setting the white balance within Camera Setting section of NX2 leads to better results than the other options I mentioned.

Interestingly I have compared the white balance correction of D800E images using NX2 and Capture One Pro 6 and concluded that the latter yields better results through to printed output, compared to the original garments.

Peter

http://www.pastoralsystems.co.nz/photography/

A general, generic topic White balance correction using Capture NX 2 with D700 v... [View all] , pshnikchch Silver Member, Mon 13-Aug-12 11:51 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: White balance correction using Capture NX 2 with D7...