Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9134
View in linear mode

Subject: "What are the Advantages of PM over VNX2?" Previous topic | Next topic
JerryLoSardo Gold Member Charter MemberWed 08-Aug-12 12:32 AM
902 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"What are the Advantages of PM over VNX2?"

Frederick, US

I used to use Photo Mechanic several years ago, but switched to LR, and now I'm back to a CNX2-VNX2 workflow. Yesterday on a whim I downloaded a trial version of Photo Mechanic 5 and liked what I saw. However, I didn't see any obvious advantages over VNX2. I realize that the Camera Bits is going to release their Catalog application hopefully later this year, but I do believe that there's a way that you can get PM5 to select images based on keywords--and as far as I know, VNX2 does not have that capability at all. Can someone enlighten me as to what other advantages PM5 has over VNX2?

Jerry LoSardo
Frederick, Maryland

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote

A general, generic topicWhat are the Advantages of PM over VNX2? [View all] , JerryLoSardo Gold Member, Wed 08-Aug-12 12:32 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: What are the Advantages of PM over VNX2?
JonK Moderator
08th Aug 2012
Bravozulu Silver Member
08th Aug 2012
mklass Platinum Member
08th Aug 2012
Bravozulu Silver Member
08th Aug 2012
PAStime Silver Member
08th Aug 2012
gpoole Platinum Member
08th Aug 2012
Lighter Silver Member
10th Aug 2012

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Imaging Software (Public) topic #9134 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.