nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
jacsr

Texas City, US
928 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Fork in the Road"

jacsr Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Apr 2006
Mon 06-Aug-12 02:28 PM | edited Mon 06-Aug-12 02:30 PM by jacsr

>But that would then force me to confront what to do my Edited NEF library. I wonder how others have approached the migration?

I switched from a PC to a MAC for PP a year and a half ago. In doing so I went from NX2 to Aperture. I changed from NX2 because it caused so many issues on my iMAC that I just got tired of fighting it.

When I imported into Aperture I used “referenced” files. This allowed me to keep the files in the folders I had setup on the multiple external hard drives I use. I then color-coded all previews that had NX2 edits. Aperture as Lightroom will not display any NX2 edits, so for the NEF’s that I wanted to see the edits I created a JPG and stacked it with the original preview choosing the jpg as the stack view. Since the actual NEFs were on the external drives and not in the Aperture library I could still access them via the PC and NX2. If I wanted to export a JPG from a version within the edited NEF, or review edits I still had that ability. After a little time and practice I can now PP with the same or better results with Aperture as I did with NX2. This now gives me several great options for plug-ins and other software compatible with Aperture that I would never have with NX2.

Joe

This is a hot, active topic! Fork in the Road [View all] , dohearne , Wed 01-Aug-12 11:15 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Fork in the Road