nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
ericbowles

Atlanta, US
9291 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Fork in the Road"

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005
Fri 03-Aug-12 04:01 PM

I've got similar software and workflow. I rely heavily on PM for keywording and to render JPEG's. Capture NX2 is my primary editor with heavy reliance on Color Efex within Capture.

The issue I struggle with is the impact on workflow - both current images and historical - from use of Lightroom. I have a pretty clean workflow today that would be enhanced with a catalog - such as the one planned for release by PM. I've got more than 100,000 images edited with a Nikon based workflow and dread the thought of introducing different types of files - either NEF files edited in two incompatible systems or adding TIFF files. If I had a Camera RAW based workflow or a TIFF based workflow I would probably have the same issue in moving to Capture.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

This is a hot, active topic! Fork in the Road [View all] , dohearne , Wed 01-Aug-12 11:15 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Fork in the Road