nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Software (Public) topic #9055
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Saving Different Raw Versions in NX2" Previous topic | Next topic
robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   San Jose, US  Nikonian since 23rd Aug 2006 Mon 30-Jul-12 07:12 AM
13627 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#11. "RE: Saving Different Raw Versions in NX2"
In response to In response to 0

I tend to be a bit paranoid about my images, so when I ingest them into my computer from the CF card I save the NEF on 2 separate drives. One location is only for an archive of the original. The other is titled Nikon Transfer and sub folders are kept for each upload. I now use VNX2 to browse and rate the images in the Transfer folders. I work on my NEFs one at a time in CNX2. and when I am finished with my edit. I save the final image in a Processed folder sorted into general category folders and sub folders. Once I save that file using CNX2. I then use the CNX2 Open With command and open the NEF as a TIFF in Photoshop CS6 Extended. If I need to do any more editing, which is rare, I edit the TIFF and save a copy of the TIFF in the same folder as the processed NEF. In either case further processed or not I save a JPEG processed as Save for Web to a Nikonians upload folder for later posting. Weekly I do a backup of all images stored on my DATA drive which includes the original NEF, the Processed NEF and any Nikonian files to another Drive called Photos. That drive is also backed up weekly to a NAS drive as a second backup so that I have 3 complete copies of my photos plus the separate archive of the original NEF that I copied over. I never worry about losing an image this way.

Bob Baldassano
My Nikonians Gallery

"Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the
camera"

Retirement is a gift of time - Don't waste it!

Alert Print | Reply | Quote

A general, generic topicSaving Different Raw Versions in NX2 [View all] , ornate_wrasse Silver Member, Fri 27-Jul-12 01:04 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Saving Different Raw Versions in NX2 mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
27th Jul 2012
Reply message RE: Saving Different Raw Versions in NX2 ornate_wrasse Silver Member
27th Jul 2012
     Reply message RE: Saving Different Raw Versions in NX2 davidd1833 Silver Member
27th Jul 2012
     Reply message RE: Saving Different Raw Versions in NX2 mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
27th Jul 2012
Reply message RE: Saving Different Raw Versions in NX2 ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community
27th Jul 2012
Reply message RE: Saving Different Raw Versions in NX2 ornate_wrasse Silver Member
27th Jul 2012
27th Jul 2012
28th Jul 2012
               Reply message RE: Saving Different Raw Versions in NX2 kennoll Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
28th Jul 2012
                    Reply message RE: Saving Different Raw Versions in NX2 expat Silver Member
28th Jul 2012
Reply message RE: Saving Different Raw Versions in NX2 robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
30th Jul 2012

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Software (Public) topic #9055 Previous topic | Next topic