nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
kennoll

Seattle, US
953 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: ViewNX2 Color Management Problem"

kennoll Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 07th Feb 2011
Thu 19-Jul-12 05:37 PM

First off, I am a neophyte when it comes to PP apps. I use, and am still learning the capabilities of, VNX2, CNX2, and LR4 (and myself ). So, with that in mind I have a question. Is it possible that the difference between the displays of VNX2 and CNX2 is the assumption that VNX2 would display a finished jpg version and CNX2 a raw version with no processing applied?

My thinking is that, as a freebie, unsophisticated version, VNX2 will display raw images processed and output as finished jpgs for doing initial reviewing and image management. CNX2, on the other hand, is a more capable app used on raw files for PP manual manipulation of the raw image. What you would see displayed is the raw state of the image before/during the PP.

So what you would see on a side-by-side view of the images is a auto finished jpg and a unprocessed raw image. Differences would be more evident with the newer, higher resolution monitor than the old one. (I recently swapped out an old ViewSonic for a Dell U2410 and new video card to drive it. Big difference.)

Anyway, that's my hypothesis and I'm sticking to it..

Ken
Seattle, WA
My Gallery

A general, generic topic ViewNX2 Color Management Problem [View all] , DeanAZ Moderator Expert nature photographer , Wed 18-Jul-12 05:47 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: ViewNX2 Color Management Problem
Reply message Another Example