nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
ericbowles

Atlanta, US
9367 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Is there life after NEF?"

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005
Mon 19-Mar-12 06:13 PM

Bill - looks right to me.

I generally agree - there is little reason to go back into CNX2 unless it is purely workflow driven. For example, you might want final crop and sharpening for final print to occur in Capture as it provides nice support for multiple versions - and even better if you want all your final images to be NEF files. But generally speaking, the less often you have to change products the better.

I find both Lightroom and Capture individually handle 95-98% of my editing needs. Each has small gaps that are better handled with alternate programs. I have not tried a side by side comparison with Aperture, but would expect Bill's experience is similar - that it handles 95-98% of all needs.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

This is a hot, active topic! Is there life after NEF? [View all] , Roy Kaye Silver Member, Wed 14-Mar-12 11:54 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is there life after NEF?