nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is pin-up effect PP possible with CNX2 and if so, how t...

CHP_VR

Newport Beach, US
29 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Is pin-up effect PP possible with CNX2 and if so, how to achieve it?"

CHP_VR Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Feb 2011
Mon 02-Apr-12 08:54 PM

Piotr,

Not sure if this is what you're looking for.. but here's the way I do it:

In Corel Draw Graphics suite.. (sorry, know it's almost sacrilege here, but not an adobe fan.. been using Corel since Warp OS/2).
Create a good photo with a white background.. (I use seamless paper with two softlight strobes on the sides, blocked to prevent light spill) and another softlight for the mainlight), looking for a soft, almost flat lighting.
Create a duplicate layer, overlay it to add contrast. merge and create another duplicate layer, use a slight gaussian blur (two to three pixels, as a rule, but mainly to your taste) and then a smudge brush to give some of the features (example, the hair) a "paint" effect.
Merge the layers together again, then using NIK, I use a old photo effect to create a Elgren/Vargas effect, grain to zero and brightness as I like.. hope that helps.
(BTW, Corel Paint Shop Pro X4 also allows the same thing and even includes the full Nik Color Efex Pro 3.0 filters)
http://www.corel.com/corel/product/index.jsp?pid=prod4220093

Very quick and simple.. and it's a great fun addition to a "boudoir" or "glamor" session.

Original Image:
85mm 1,4G ISO 200 D700

Click on image to view larger version

Final Image after processing:

Click on image to view larger version

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as in need of help Is pin-up effect PP possible with CNX2 and if so, how t... [View all] , PiotrAF , Thu 15-Dec-11 11:30 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is pin-up effect PP possible with CNX2 and if so, h...