Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Farmington Hills, US
4044 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: NXSignature"

gpoole Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. Awarded for his very generous support to the Fundrasing Campaing 2014 Writer Ribbon awarded for his article contributions for the Articles library and the eZine Nikonian since 14th Feb 2004
Wed 07-Sep-11 04:48 PM

I've used it with CNX2 2.2.7 and earlier versions. It works fine. Because NX Signature generates a colorize step you can easily change the color of the watermark to blend with your image. I often use the eye dropper to select a color from my image for the watermark.

A couple of caveats to be aware of:

• You can only specify the coordinates of the watermark in absolute terms relative to the upper left hand corner of the image. This makes placing watermarks in the bottom of an image or having it right justified impossible unless all your images are the same number of pixels. Also switching between landscape and portrait orientation makes any position other than the upper left of the image impractical.

• The pixel size of the watermark is fixed. This means that you probably want to apply it to your image before resizing so that it overlays the same portion of your image regardless of the final image size.

Gary in SE Michigan, USA.
Nikonians membership - My most important photographic investment, after the camera.
D4, D810, D300 (720nm IR conversion), D90, F6, FM3a (black), FM2n (chrome)
YashicaMat 124, Graflex Speed Graphic 4x5
My Nikonians Gallery & Our Chapter Gallery

A general, generic topic NXSignature [View all] , bostondog1 Gold Member, Wed 07-Sep-11 01:28 AM
Reply message RE: NXSignature
Reply message How do I install Java for NXSignature
     Reply message RE: How do I install Java for NXSignature
          Reply message RE: How do I install Java for NXSignature