nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Software (Public) topic #1473
View in linear mode

Subject: "RE: Dpi question..." Previous topic | Next topic
Lunastar Silver Member  Mankato, US  Nikonian since 06th Jan 2010 Fri 26-Feb-10 04:22 AM
3398 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Dpi question..."
In response to In response to 1

Bob,

When I open a RAW image with Windows viewer and click on properties (EXIF) it lists dpi as 72. If I open the exact same RAW file with NX2 it then lists all the same info, ie; D300, focal lentgh, priority, etc but then lists dpi as 300.

Note:I'm a fairly recent DSLR and PP guy who's used to shooting transparencies with an F5 and using only the waste basket for PP so, I'm a little green with this PC/digital stuff.

www.mercuryoutdoorcommunications.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote

A general, generic topicDpi question... [View all] , Lunastar Silver Member, Fri 26-Feb-10 12:12 AM

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Dpi question... robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
26th Feb 2010
Reply message RE: Dpi question... Lunastar Silver Member
26th Feb 2010
     Reply message RE: Dpi question... Baaker Silver Member
26th Feb 2010
02nd Mar 2010
          Reply message RE: Dpi question... Baaker Silver Member
02nd Mar 2010
     Reply message RE: Dpi question... robsb Platinum Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his expertise in CNX2 and his always amicable and continuous efforts to help members Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest Donor Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
02nd Mar 2010
Reply message RE: Dpi question... cchoc Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, most notably in Landscape Photography
02nd Mar 2010
Reply message RE: Dpi question... PAStime Silver Member
02nd Mar 2010
02nd Mar 2010

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Post-Processing & Workflow (Public) Nikon & Nikonians Software (Public) topic #1473 Previous topic | Next topic