Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1278
View in linear mode

Subject: "OP/TECH Pro Loop compatibility question" Previous topic | Next topic
RaiZe Registered since 27th Oct 2010Wed 27-Oct-10 12:54 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"OP/TECH Pro Loop compatibility question"

US

First post!

Anyway, I'm getting a D7000 as an Xmas gift to myself and it will be my first DSLR. I want to get a nice strap and I've heard rave reviews about OP/TECHs Pro Loop strap. However, I've also been hearing that the ends are too thick for some cameras. I took a look at some pictures of the D7000 and the connectors look pretty small. I've heard of people having to return their Pro Loop straps and going for the normal Pro straps with the 3/8" ends.

So, does anyone know if the OP/TECH Pro Loop straps will fit the D7000 body? Or should I play it safe and just get the Pro strap with the 3/8" ends?

Thanks

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: OP/TECH Pro Loop compatibility question
gkaiseril Gold Member
27th Oct 2010
wwt67 Silver Member
28th Oct 2010
OpticalSerenity
28th Oct 2010
csgaraglino Silver Member
29th Oct 2010
km6xz Moderator
29th Oct 2010
briantilley Moderator
29th Oct 2010
spootdad
29th Oct 2010
jbloom Gold Member
29th Oct 2010
MEMcD Moderator
29th Oct 2010

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Wed 27-Oct-10 02:57 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: OP/TECH Pro Loop compatibility question"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 27-Oct-10 08:48 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

The OP/TECH Pro strap comes in 2 versions, the loop and 3/8 inch strap, Pro Strap & Pro Strap Loop.

OP/TECH Pro can also use many different connecting straps, System Connectors.

You need to attach either a ring or triangle connector to the eye on the camera and then attach the 3/8" ends of the strap to that connector, How to tie a camera strap.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

wwt67 Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2010Thu 28-Oct-10 12:04 AM
329 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: OP/TECH Pro Loop compatibility question"
In response to Reply # 1

Warsaw, US

My D7k came with triangle ring connectors on it and I just bought the OP/TECH strap with 3/8 ends, part no. 1501012, and it works great.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

OpticalSerenity Registered since 23rd Oct 2006Thu 28-Oct-10 10:47 PM
91 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: OP/TECH Pro Loop compatibility question"
In response to Reply # 2

Atlanta, US

Check out the Black Rapids straps.. I love mine, very out of the way and easy to use.

csgaraglino Silver Member Charter MemberFri 29-Oct-10 12:51 AM
647 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: OP/TECH Pro Loop compatibility question"
In response to Reply # 3

Colorado Springs, US

I have a Black Rapid for my D700 and I will not go anywhere without!
http://www.blackrapid.com/

---
Regards,
Chris Sgaraglino
Outdoor Studios Photography || on Flickr || on Google+

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Fri 29-Oct-10 09:52 AM
3300 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: OP/TECH Pro Loop compatibility question"
In response to Reply # 4

St Petersburg, RU

After having terrible luck with the plastic squeeze connectors that Op/Tech uses, I will pass. Bumping into anything with my backpack and a tool case I have that uses them springs them open at the worst times.
I have them on a duffel bag I use for flying and have to secure them with nylon tie straps to prevent them from opening during baggage handling after it happened so many times.

For my camera, I only use the Black Rapid RS-5 because the camera is heavy with the longer pro lenses/flash/grip/modifiers which would be a bear to carry all day without it. I can carry it for hours without noticing the weight and have it at my eye in 1/2 a second, faster than any neck strap. It also leaves two hands free giving great stability over rough terrain or in crowded places. Besides I can't afford to replace a damaged or stolen camera/lenses if I used a standard strap.

Stan
St Petersburg Russia

briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Fri 29-Oct-10 05:28 PM
28735 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: OP/TECH Pro Loop compatibility question"
In response to Reply # 5

Paignton, GB

>After having terrible luck with the plastic squeeze
>connectors that Op/Tech uses, I will pass. Bumping into
>anything with my backpack and a tool case I have that uses
>them springs them open at the worst times.

I've never had this problem with the Op/Tech connectors, or with other similar devices. With tension (from the weight of the equipment) on the strap(s), there seems to be little chance of them coming undone with a knock. Maybe I'm just lucky...?

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

spootdad Registered since 27th Dec 2006Fri 29-Oct-10 07:56 PM
730 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: OP/TECH Pro Loop compatibility question"
In response to Reply # 6

Portage, US

>I've never had this problem with the Op/Tech connectors, or
>with other similar devices.

Neither have I, in town, in the woods, or elsewhere.

From the rocking of the cradle to the rolling of the hearse, the going up was worth the coming down

jbloom Gold Member Awarded for the continuous and generous sharing of his high level expertise and his always encouraging comments in several forums. Nikonian since 15th Jul 2004Fri 29-Oct-10 08:04 PM
6110 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: OP/TECH Pro Loop compatibility question"
In response to Reply # 6

Wethersfield, US

I dunno, Brian, I've had the Nikonians version of the Op/Tech strap for years and never came close to having one detach accidentally. If you are just lucky, I seem to be sharing your luck!

That said, these days I normally use Black Rapid straps.

-- Jon
Wethersfield, CT, USA
Connecticut High School Sports Photos

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Fri 29-Oct-10 09:55 PM
25680 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: OP/TECH Pro Loop compatibility question"
In response to Reply # 5

US

Hi Stan,

Like the others, I have never had a problem with the Nikonians Op/Tech strap connectors or those on my Tamrac neck straps or any of my camera bags opening unintentionally.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #1278 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.