Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #20288
View in linear mode

Subject: "Firmware Update for D7000" Previous topic | Next topic
tfblack Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Jan 2009Tue 07-Aug-12 06:10 PM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Firmware Update for D7000"

Lafayette, US

I downloaded firmware update from Nikon. Instructions for Mac say to copy the file to a blank memory card (inserted into reader), but don't say HOW to copy to card. Anyone know how?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Firmware Update for D7000
chuckji
07th Aug 2012
Steve6344 Silver Member
09th Aug 2012
chuckji
09th Aug 2012
kstrongs
08th Aug 2012
jkingsphoto2012
12th Sep 2012

chuckji Registered since 25th Jan 2011Tue 07-Aug-12 10:45 PM
51 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Firmware Update for D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

South Lyon, US

Following are the steps from Nikons site:

1. Click the Macintosh: "I agree - Begin download" icon below to download F-D7000-V103M.dmg.  
2. Double-click the F-D7000-V103M.dmg icon to mount the disk image titled, F-D7000-V103M. 
A folder titled D7000Update, containing the following file, will be created inside the disk image:
• D7000_0103.bin:  the firmware
3. Format a memory card with the camera and use a card reader or similar device to copy D7000_0103.bin to the memory card.  

To get the .bin file onto the memory card, you can simply drag and drop, or copy and paste.

Steve6344 Silver Member Nikonian since 31st Jul 2012Thu 09-Aug-12 12:34 PM
294 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Firmware Update for D7000"
In response to Reply # 1

Aventura, US

Can you copy the update to the card when it is in the camera and the camera is connected to the computer? In other words, can you use the camera as if it were a card reader?

chuckji Registered since 25th Jan 2011Thu 09-Aug-12 04:41 PM
51 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Firmware Update for D7000"
In response to Reply # 3

South Lyon, US

Never tried it, but I wouldn't think so.
As, in step 1 you're downloading and a .dmg file. Then using that file to extract a .bin file - which is what the camera is going to use.

It's really quite simple if you just follow Nikon's instructions
http://support.nikonusa.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/17542/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xMzQ0NTMwMTU5L3NpZC9ieU9ZRGczbA%3D%3D

kstrongs Registered since 04th Oct 2011Wed 08-Aug-12 01:19 PM
75 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Firmware Update for D7000"
In response to Reply # 0

St. Thomas, CA

Thanks for posting.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

jkingsphoto2012 Registered since 12th Sep 2012Wed 12-Sep-12 06:32 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Firmware Update for D7000"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Hello everyone, can someone assist me? All I have is this Android tablet and I want to upgrade to the latest firmware for my d7000. Can some one please extract the firmware file and email it to jkingsphoto@gmail.com thanks so much!

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #20288 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.