Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25662
View in linear mode

Subject: "D7100 Performance" Previous topic | Next topic
billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Mon 25-Mar-13 06:42 PM
2118 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7100 Performance"

US

Forced myself out today, just to take some shots in real conditions. The AF is great, and the resolution is just wonderful. I would also add that I found the Auto White Balance, the best I've yet encountered. (The last is a link to an image too detailed to reduce for posting here with any real quality).

A link:
http://billkeane.zenfolio.com/p686788665/h5955e90a

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

Attachment #1, (jpg file)
Attachment #2, (jpg file)
Attachment #3, (jpg file)

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

kuzzy Silver Member Nikonian since 12th Dec 2005Mon 25-Mar-13 09:53 PM
1235 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7100 Performance"
In response to Reply # 0

Milford, US

Nice Bill, the AF system is the only reason I have for wanting the D7100 over my D7000 at this point. The extra res. is always nice to have but I can certainly live without it. What lens were you using. These look nice and crisp especially the swan, which is close enough to really show off the resolution in the feathers.

Marc
There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.-Ansel Adams

http://500px.com/WhatISaw
http://kuzzy.smugmug.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

billD80 Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2007Mon 25-Mar-13 10:05 PM
2118 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7100 Performance"
In response to Reply # 1

US

>Nice Bill, the AF system is the only reason I have for
>wanting the D7100 over my D7000 at this point. The extra res.
>is always nice to have but I can certainly live without it.
>What lens were you using. These look nice and crisp
>especially the swan, which is close enough to really show off
>the resolution in the feathers.
>

I was using the Nikon 300/4 AF-S, wide open, at ISO800.

www.billkeane.zenfolio.com

jamtins Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd May 2011Sun 31-Mar-13 12:11 PM
87 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: D7100 Performance"
In response to Reply # 2

Meadow Heights, AU

Thanks for posting these, one of the reasons I've ordered the D7100 is to work with the 300 f/4.
If I can get shots that even come close to these repeatably, I'll be over the moon. The D7000 never impressed me with is focus accuracy.

DJ

.. I set out to discover the inventions of God. -John Muir

rtg Registered since 27th Dec 2010Sun 31-Mar-13 01:23 PM
75 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: D7100 Performance"
In response to Reply # 3

US

By contrast here is a D7000 image....

If you are into boating checkout: www.SilvertonForums.com

Attachment #1, (jpg file)

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #25662 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.