Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22332
View in linear mode

Subject: "Right angled DC2 connector" Previous topic | Next topic
missedapproach Registered since 03rd Nov 2008Mon 26-Nov-12 12:58 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Right angled DC2 connector"

US

I'm looking for a right angled DC2 connector that is compatable with a Bushhawk. Does anyone know if the pocket wizard trigger cable would work? Or, anyone have any other suggestions? I'm trying to prevent breaking my D7000's DC2 port free like I accomplished with my D90. Thanks.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

WillisC Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Jan 2012Mon 26-Nov-12 04:38 PM
19 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Right angled DC2 connector"
In response to Reply # 0
Mon 26-Nov-12 04:48 PM by WillisC

Aurora, CO, US

I had the same problem, but my BushHawk cable broke, instead of the camera socket, so I was lucky. There was another mention of www.pc-mobile.net elsewhere in this forum, so I recently purchased GNG9 cables from them, for the right-angle connection feature you are looking for. Cost is $20 each plus $4 shipping and state tax. Picture is here:
It takes about 3 weeks to get it, as it comes from Hong Kong, China.

You will note from the picture that there is a 3rd leg to the cable, intended for a GPS unit. I intend to attach that extra cable to the camera somewhere, probably the neck strap attachment point strictly to use as insurance against another snagged cable disaster. You could just chop it off. Since it is short, I use it together with the BushHawk cable BHC-CR60.

Finding stuff like this is a challenge, and this is the best I have found so far. I hope this helps.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22332 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.