Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21889
View in linear mode

Subject: "Low Battery Problem?" Previous topic | Next topic
rippit Gold Member Nikonian since 27th Oct 2006Fri 02-Nov-12 12:12 AM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Low Battery Problem?"

Lusby, US

I was banging away on a low battery and everything locked up on the D7000. Changed batteries but no Joy. Cannot get things to reset. It seems to think batt is still too low.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

luckyphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Sat 03-Nov-12 07:53 PM
743 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Low Battery Problem?"
In response to Reply # 0

Port Charlotte, US

Try leaving the battery out for 24-hours, putting in a fully charged battery, turn the camera on and doing the two-button reset. You might also try changing memory cards as well. Probably won't help, but you never know.

Good luck and let us know what happened.

Larry

"Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Sat 03-Nov-12 08:15 PM
11302 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Low Battery Problem?"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 03-Nov-12 08:15 PM by dm1dave

Lowden, US

Another quick thing to try is to dismount and remount your lens or even try another lens if you have one. Make sure that the lens is locked into place and that the lens release button is not stuck.

Poor electrical contact between the lens and the body can cause issues.

Are you seeing any error messages in the top lcd?

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #21889 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.