nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

LR 3.6 catalogue does not link after foramting & re-installing

PRSS

Madurai, IN
370 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
PRSS Registered since 10th Apr 2012
Sun 19-May-13 02:15 AM

Hello Everybody

First of all I think this type of question has been answered elsewhere in this forum. I just could pin-pointedly get it. As the info is a bit urgent I am posting this topic.

My son came here from a distant city - and his laptop suddenly developed OS errors. It needed formatting. He is also a photo enthusiast and uses Lightroom 3.6.

Before formatting, I told him to copy all the LR Catalog & Adobe folders from his account's My Pictures Folder in C drive to an external hard disk. Whatever folders were there regarding to LR & Adobe were copied to the external disk.

Now, after formatting and re-installing the OS which is Win 7 64 bit, and after re-installing LR, I told him to rename the new LR / adobe folders found in the same place and then copy the folders from the external hard disk to this place.

So, in fact the computer has all the LR info which it had before at the same place. But now when I open LR, these catalog do not link. When I went to this folder & double clicked on the catalog file itself, it opened in LR and all the thumbnails showed. When I double clicked on the thumbnail it actually opened but said that the original file was not found.

All the original files are in the external hard disk at the same place. Even when the external hard disk is connected, these thumbnails say that the original files could not be found. (Please note all the original files were in the external hard disk only and when they were edited in LR they were imported with the option - "ADD" and not "move" or "copy".

I have to resolve his issue before tomorrow afternoon when he is leaving from here.

Any solution for this?

Thanks in advance & very sorry for asking the same question that someone might have asked here before.

PRSS

G