Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6734
View in linear mode

Subject: "need urgent help!" Previous topic | Next topic
Vlad_IT Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2011Thu 20-Sep-12 02:55 PM
1186 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"need urgent help!"

US

Folks, i just ordered referbished D3100 with 18-55VR for my daughter, it's not shipped yet
some one is offering me for the same price D5000 + 18-55VR
Which one to choose? i can still stop shipping of d3100 if i'll call early enough.

I'm sure she will be JPEG user.
1. i need to know about sensor ISO performence.
2. ergonomics
3. extra feaches that can be usefull.
5. what bothers me is that D5000 too old of generation.

Thanks in advance,
Vlad

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: need urgent help!
Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine
20th Sep 2012
jpFoto
20th Sep 2012
MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas
20th Sep 2012
Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot
20th Sep 2012
Vlad_IT Silver Member
20th Sep 2012
Vlad_IT Silver Member
20th Sep 2012

Covey22 Moderator Expert in various fields including aviation photography Awarded for his contributions to the Resources and The Nikonian eZine Charter MemberThu 20-Sep-12 03:40 PM
10840 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: need urgent help!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Given she'll be a JPEG shooter at the beginning, you can't go wrong with either. That being said, the tilt-swivel gives the D5K a bit of an advantage with unique shots/perspectives that a fixed LCD can't easily recreate.

"Toodle-loo from Covey22!"

-Armando
Nikonians Team
Nikonians News - Fresh Everyday!

The Covey Blog!

My Plan:

Get out of the car.
Get closer to the subject.
Pick the right mid-tone this time.

See My Nikonians Gallery

jpFoto Registered since 25th Jun 2010Thu 20-Sep-12 05:32 PM
1114 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: need urgent help!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Vlad

What Armando says is correct, however, I have had the D3100 and my son had the D5000. I think that you are right about the D5000 being old technology, and I would opt for the the D3100 for the better IQ and the higher ISO capabilities. The D3100 is at least a stop better than the D5000.

jP

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Thu 20-Sep-12 05:53 PM
26771 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: need urgent help!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Vlad,

I would stick with the D3100 kit.
It has better High ISO performance than the D5000.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Asgard Administrator He is your Chief Guardian Angel at the Helpdesk and knows a lot about a lot Nikonian since 07th Apr 2004Thu 20-Sep-12 07:14 PM
52150 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: need urgent help!"
In response to Reply # 0

East Frisia, DE

As mentioned, go for the D3100

Gerold - Nikonian in East Frisia
Eala Freya Fresena

Vlad_IT Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2011Thu 20-Sep-12 07:29 PM
1186 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: need urgent help!"
In response to Reply # 4
Thu 20-Sep-12 07:34 PM by Vlad_IT

US

Thank you all.

Eventually I was able to get D5100 + 18-55VR for $499.

I think my daughter will be extremely happy. I'm planning to introduce her to the forum as independent member sometime next week, when camera will arrive.

Thank you again,
Vlad

Vlad_IT Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2011Thu 20-Sep-12 07:32 PM
#6. "RE: need urgent help!"
In response to Reply # 4

US

BTW, Gerold

Eventually I was able to find a copy of the magazine where my work was published in 1999. I keep it save now. LOL

Best regards,
Vlad

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D5300/D5200/D5100/D5000/D3300/D3200/D3100/D3000 (Public) topic #6734 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.