Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
YungD5000 Registered since 06th Aug 2010
Fri 06-Aug-10 04:55 AM

Hello fellow Nikonians,

I just recently purchased a D5000 and stumbled across this forum while searching the web. I've never owned a d-SLR so I hope to gain some knowledge from the forums. I purchased the camera for work/personal use, and partially because I use adobe creative suite daily for my job (Marketing/Graphics). I'm sure the D5000 will be a nice compliment for my graphics and marketing work. I'm not real sure all of what is discussed in the forums but I imagine that a lot of good information is shared here. If anybody has any suggestions for what accessories I should have starting out please share. Right now in my pack I have the D5000 with the stock 52mm 18-55 lens, Nikon D5000 digital field guide (book), UV filter, Polarized filter, and Neutral Density filter. Future purchases: Tripod & 8-Point filter. I have a very tight budget...life of a recent college grad lol! So be easy on me!

Looking forward to learning and taking great shots!