Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

same settings, different results?

SheriB

Southern York Co, US
1969 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. Nikonian since 11th Sep 2010
Fri 11-Feb-11 09:02 PM

Today our farrier came to shoe 7 horses.I took the opportunity to keep working on learning my D300s. Light is not great in the barn , fluorescent,concrete floors, medium wood.Anyway I took a series of shots of him shaping a shoe at his anvil. I didn't want to use flash as to not freak out the horses. Lens is a 35mm f/2D,settings are: Manual mode,ISO 2000,1/200s, f/3.5 In this series I had made a quick shot, checked it in the LCD and thought I was happy, so I just kept shooting, a sec or so between shots.Mainly I was playing with what speeds it takes to stop or slow down his movements. When I was done, all the shots were a hair underexposed,no big deal ,I am still learning.. but the thing that caught my eye was one had a very yellow cast to it.I have noticed this before, so far only when shooting with WB set to cool white fluorescent( I know they are cool whites, I replace them when they blow and thats what they say)
I have loaded the series of 4 shots in my gallery.Here is the really yellow cast one.I thought at first maybe I was getting a different reading because of his arm blocking the white metal strip on the door, but another shot he is blocking it, and it is not 'yellow" anyone help me out with what I may be doing wrong or is this a case of the light changing "just enough" to cause this?

Click on image to view larger version

the other three shots are here http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/18158

Sheri Becker

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: same settings, different results?

G