Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #41323
View in linear mode

Subject: "Positive feedback for djp7204" Previous topic | Next topic
cergun Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Jul 2006Sat 23-Feb-08 01:18 PM
73 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Positive feedback for djp7204"

New York, US

I just sold my 18-70DX to Don and had a chance to meet him in person. Great transaction with a really good guy.

Thanks Don.

-Chad

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Positive feedback for djp7204
ttoolan Silver Member
05th Mar 2008
anthonys
05th Mar 2008
JM
06th Mar 2008
C_Otto Gold Member
06th Mar 2008
mtpenmaker
06th Mar 2008
cergun Silver Member
07th Mar 2008
mtpenmaker
08th Mar 2008
Iceman15613 Silver Member
06th Mar 2008
Texasdave 75229
06th Mar 2008
Pursuit Silver Member
07th Mar 2008
Pursuit Silver Member
07th Mar 2008
reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
07th Mar 2008
cgjane
07th Mar 2008
adcam Gold Member
07th Mar 2008
reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
07th Mar 2008
loveinc
08th Mar 2008

ttoolan Silver Member Nikonian since 17th Jul 2004Wed 05-Mar-08 10:09 PM
945 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Positive feedback for djp7204"
In response to Reply # 0

Sacramento, US

That's not what I hear.

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=137&topic_id=42342&mesg_id=42342&page=

Tom

I always wanted to be somebody, now I realize I should have been more specific.
Lily Tomlin

My Nikonians gallery

anthonys Registered since 29th Feb 2008Wed 05-Mar-08 10:53 PM
37 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Positive feedback for djp7204"
In response to Reply # 1

Wyndmoor, US

Chad,

with all due respect, sir, just where did you meet the elusive "djp?" How did that meeting come about? At your request? His? Where? How might those members here who allege they have been stolen from, avail themselves of the same opportunity to have an audience with him? Would you be willing to provide information to investigating detectives as to his location?

tony

JM Registered since 02nd Mar 2007Thu 06-Mar-08 04:58 AM
2468 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Positive feedback for djp7204"
In response to Reply # 2

US

Easy boys we're startin' to sound like the Democrats before an election.
All any of us has to go by is the words on a page. These words may be hurtful, or misguided but they are the impressions of people with contact and involvement.
I am glad you had a good face to face experiance but unless most readers are waiting to see assurances the situation has been resolved. We get a little nervous when our neighborhood has the smallest chink in its armor so it is to be expected that emotions would run high...but to both sides of the issue ...let's be civil or sorta as best we can.
JM
The Chicagoan Nikonian

C_Otto Gold Member Nikonian since 12th Apr 2002Thu 06-Mar-08 01:09 PM
1412 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Positive feedback for djp7204"
In response to Reply # 3

Manchester, US

I'm not saying that this is the case but what is to prevent a scammer from having multiple identities on this board?

Cliff
Alexandria, VA, USA

mtpenmaker Registered since 23rd Aug 2007Thu 06-Mar-08 09:41 PM
1840 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Positive feedback for djp7204"
In response to Reply # 4

Billings, US

Like every other forum I know of on the net, absolutely nothing.

Gerry Rhoades
Montana Pens
www.montanapens.com
F4, D40, N90s and some glass

cergun Silver Member Nikonian since 18th Jul 2006Fri 07-Mar-08 11:42 PM
73 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#14. "RE: Positive feedback for djp7204"
In response to Reply # 2

New York, US

I have been getting emails about Don and have been providing what I know. So far nothing more than what reuben posted already. I met him in a parking lot (he paid in cash) and whole exchange took less than 10 minutes. There wasnt anything suspicious or out of ordinary. Later he sent me an email saying that he posted a positive feedback and asked me to do the same.

My positive feedback was genuine about the whole exchange. I tried to get my positive feedback removed but was told that it was justified. I am sorry about that but assuming that I somehow connected to him is an absurd allegation. My only fault was leaving close to him nothing else.

You should not judge without hearing other side of the story.

Chad.

mtpenmaker Registered since 23rd Aug 2007Sat 08-Mar-08 12:22 AM
1840 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#15. "RE: Positive feedback for djp7204"
In response to Reply # 14

Billings, US

Since this appears to be a reply to my post, I can assure you I wasn't judging you. Someone asked a question about how hard is it for someone to have multiple ID's on the same site and I answered that question. Nothing more than that.

Gerry Rhoades
Montana Pens
www.montanapens.com
F4, D40, FM2n, N90s and not enough glass

Iceman15613 Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Oct 2005Thu 06-Mar-08 10:26 PM
476 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#6. "RE: Positive feedback for djp7204"
In response to Reply # 0

Apollo, US

Good, you got to speak with him. You might want to advise him that there is going to be a warrant pending for his arrest.

Texasdave 75229 Registered since 12th Nov 2007Thu 06-Mar-08 11:07 PM
20 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Positive feedback for djp7204"
In response to Reply # 0

Dallas, US

I find it really interesting that Chad has not replied. Has anyone heard from him? I had questioned why he posted positive feedback twice on the same trade.

Dave

Nikon D200 | Nikon 20-35 2.8 D AF | Nikon 35-70 2.8 D AF | Nikon 80-200 2.8 ED AF | Nikon 18-200 3.5-5.6 G ED DX VR | Tokina 12-24 f4 Af Dx | Nikon 60 MM 2.8 AF Micro | Nikon 85MM 1.8D | Nikon 105MM 2.8 Micro | Nikon 300MM 4 AF | SB 400 "A cool little flash" | SB 800 flash

Pursuit Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jan 2003Fri 07-Mar-08 12:16 AM
2110 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Positive feedback for djp7204"
In response to Reply # 7

Kihei, US

Given that Chad has been a member since July of 2006 and has only posted 38 postings, he may not check this forum very often. So the lack of a response may be nothing more than he hasn't seen the fury going on. Try contacting him to see if he can shed any light on Don's whereabouts.

Jim Kelly
More wag, less bark. (anon)

Pursuit Silver Member Nikonian since 04th Jan 2003Fri 07-Mar-08 02:51 AM
2110 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#10. "RE: Positive feedback for djp7204"
In response to Reply # 8

Kihei, US

I sent Chad the following email message today through Nikonians' email system:

It seems the guy you sold your 18-70mm lens to has ripped off a
bunch of other Nikonians. You are the only person to record a
successful transaction, and you met with him. Could you reply
and contact some of the people in the following Nikonian
Posting? They are desperately looking for a way to contact him.

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=137&topic_id=42342&mesg_id=42342&page=

Chad responded within a few hours with the following:

"Jim,

I am really sorry to hear that. I have very limited info about him. He gave me his po box address and asked to meet in person to do the exchange. The whole interaction took about 10 minutes. I would be glad to help the peer Nikonians so I emailed everything I have to reuben (the moderator).

Chad.
"

Jim Kelly
More wag, less bark. (anon)

reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 21st Jan 2004Fri 07-Mar-08 08:20 AM
10478 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#11. "RE: Positive feedback for djp7204"
In response to Reply # 10

Mayo, US

Yes, Chad and I have been in touch. No need to post the email publicly.

We are working on the problem.

Thank you.

Simplify

Cormorants

cgjane Registered since 29th Dec 2005Fri 07-Mar-08 01:59 PM
175 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#12. "RE: Positive feedback for djp7204"
In response to Reply # 11

US

Good to hear Reuben...

Although my alarm bells are ringing about anyone with a "great-in-person" transaction with this Con-man.

I probably can speak for other sellers in here that this "situation" is making alot of our sales ALOT harder.

I believe I sold my D2X back in 11/2007 in a few days...now my D3 has 1 email.

end/rant

---------------------------------------
Life is a daring adventure, or nothing at all.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

adcam Gold Member Nikonian since 31st Dec 2007Fri 07-Mar-08 02:36 PM
595 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#13. "RE: Positive feedback for djp7204"
In response to Reply # 8

Portland, US

>Given that Chad has been a member since July of 2006 and has
>only posted 38 postings, he may not check this forum very
>often. So the lack of a response may be nothing more than he
>hasn't seen the fury going on. Try contacting him to see if
>he can shed any light on Don's whereabouts.
>
If you look at Don's profile he has been a member since 2004. It took him 4 years to start his evil scheme.

reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Nikonian since 21st Jan 2004Fri 07-Mar-08 01:44 AM
10478 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#9. "RE: Positive feedback for djp7204"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 07-Mar-08 01:45 AM by reuben

Mayo, US

Please see this thread.

Simplify

Cormorants

loveinc Registered since 16th Feb 2008Sat 08-Mar-08 03:51 AM
35 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#16. "RE: Positive feedback for djp7204"
In response to Reply # 9

US

dont know if its a help, but don was one of the first people I tried to deal with from this site, didnt turn out very well. Wouldn't do paypal, since they screwed him over and stole his $$. Also he wouldn't meet in person because he was almost knifed trying to hand deliver an item before. So I stopped talking to his shady self
Good luck

Forums Lobby GENERAL FORUMS I Want to Sell topic #41323 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.