Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Astrophotography

IDTopicAuthorLast updated date RepliesViewsRating
Pinned topic Chasing New and Old Moons
Any members reading this have surely shot the moon. Most start with the full moon, doubtl
nrothschild Silver Member Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support 07-Dec-13 09:31 PM
by dagoldst
81274 ---
Pinned topic Welcome To The *NEW* Astrophotography Forum!
For many years the staff has talked about the idea of this forum. It has finally come abo
nrothschild Silver Member Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support 18-Jan-14 02:38 PM
by richardd300
141832 ---
Pinned topic Astrophotography Forum dedication
This forum is dedicated to the memory of Captain Alan G. Poindexter. A Naval flyer, ast
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources 09-Jun-14 05:28 AM0685 ---
Pinned topic Policy on Non-Nikon Camera Gear in the Astro Forum
The team has discussed the issue of posting images made with non-Nikon gear in this Astrop
nrothschild Silver Member Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support 25-Sep-14 11:53 PM
by walkerr
2961 ---
Pinned topic The Rate of Movement of Celestial Objects
The single most important number for the astrophotographer is the rate of movement of the
nrothschild Silver Member Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support 08-Oct-14 01:17 AM
by elec164
111579 ---
A general, generic topic Anybody going to that eclipse in 2017?
I usually don't plan stuff too far in advance (moving from Detroit to California was finis
MotoMannequin Moderator Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography 28-Jul-09 05:08 PM
by cchoc
81006 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Perseid Meteor Shower
The Perseid Meteor shower is arguably the best of the year and this year occurs on dark mo
nrothschild Silver Member Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support 18-Aug-10 04:32 PM
by robsb
311979 ---
A general, generic topic Perseids & Pleiades
I took the Perseid challenge early this morning, thanks Larry (Motomannequin). This was th
DeanAZ Moderator Expert nature photographer 17-Aug-12 01:58 AM
by mjhach
11871 ---
A general, generic topic Perseids this Weekend!
It's that time of year, the Perseid Meteors are back! Actually they never left, but Planet
MotoMannequin Moderator Awarded for his extraordinary skills in landscape and wildlife photography 20-Aug-12 01:03 AM
by MotoMannequin
10904 ---
A general, generic topic Perseids in Alaska
Up in Turnagain Pass. Fighting the Moon and the clouds. Moon, Pleiades, Venus Best shot
2pixels_short Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest 20-Aug-12 01:30 PM
by Antero52
6735 ---
A general, generic topic Astrophotography
Would there be enough discussion on astrophotography for it to be listed in the By Special
pencho 22-Aug-12 10:07 PM
by DennisOwens
13640 ---
A topic tagged as having a question Astrophotography with D800
Hi: Does anyone do astrophotography? I have my D800 and want to try this, but don't know
greekbecky 25-Aug-12 07:34 PM
by graemesmith
71344 ---
A general, generic topic New forum
Hi all. First just let me say how delighted I am to see this forum being created. Thank
jgould2 Gold Member Fellow Ribbon awarded for his excellent and frequent contributions and sharing his in-depth knowledge and experience with the community in the Nikonians spirit. 26-Aug-12 04:55 PM
by jgould2
14724 ---
A general, generic topic Neil Armstrong, 1930-2012
This seems like an appropriate place to pause and remember the legendary accomplishments o
RockyIII Gold Member 26-Aug-12 09:34 PM
by archivue
4341 ---
A general, generic topic Perseid Over Canyon Lake
Here is a link to the video I created from the still frames of the meteor shower on August
DeanAZ Moderator Expert nature photographer 27-Aug-12 04:09 AM
by DeanAZ
6479 ---
A general, generic topic D7000 and astrophotography
Is a D7000 suitable for astrophotography? I plan to join an astronomy club, and while I do
gbowen Gold Member 27-Aug-12 04:35 PM
by gbowen
111428 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Astronomy/Star Lens
Hello everyone! I just picked myself up a Nikon D5100 Body. I am looking at getting in
Psywar 27-Aug-12 11:32 PM
by gbowen
431425 ---
A general, generic topic Best telescope type for astrophotography
I am looking for direction, mostly for future reference, in the type of scope best suited
gbowen Gold Member 31-Aug-12 04:23 AM
by nrothschild
5573 ---
A general, generic topic First Target
I've always had an interest in astronomy and optics, but never owned good equipment. When
pdekman Gold Member Winner in The Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded as a regular contributor who offers in-depth knowledge to members who are interested in building efficient work flows. 31-Aug-12 03:37 PM
by jgould2
9558 ---
A general, generic topic I've been bitten!
I was just fooling around with my new binoculars last night, checking out the full moon wh
gbowen Gold Member 31-Aug-12 10:53 PM
by gbowen
2389 ---
A general, generic topic Astrophotography
Great to see this subject added.
Locton 01-Sep-12 05:00 PM0287 ---
A general, generic topic Once in a Blue Moon
Hi all: I took my new Sigma 50-500 OS for a spin at Blue Moon workshop last night. Even
Vlad_IT Silver Member 02-Sep-12 02:39 PM0350 ---
A general, generic topic Aurora Alert 9-4-12
The Kp Index is reaching up into the 6 level indicating a G2 storm in progress. You can
2pixels_short Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest 05-Sep-12 05:00 AM0248 ---
A general, generic topic So am I supposed to post these here or landscape?
Thanks http://www .nikonians.org/dcfp/ user_files/231071.jp g Mike in Alaska Visi
2pixels_short Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest 08-Sep-12 05:36 PM
by lastdaylight
4484 ---
A general, generic topic Moon shots
i have a question, i have just taken some shots of the moon & 4 out of the 8 i took have a
Locton 11-Sep-12 12:15 AM
by nrothschild
9518 ---
A general, generic topic International Space Station
New astrophotography forum - that's awesome! Thanks so much, Neil for making this happen.
lastdaylight Gold Member Laureate Ribbon awarded for winning in the Best of Nikonians 2013 images Photo Contest 12-Sep-12 01:27 AM
by ScottChapin
12727 ---
A general, generic topic Astrophotography mounts
I understand the difference between equatorial and altazimuth mounts, but German mount? Ma
kenuck Silver Member 12-Sep-12 10:56 PM
by nrothschild
1398 ---
A topic tagged as news And this is .....
How to get to Mars http://www.y outube.com/embed/XRC IzZHpFtY?rel=0 En joy it at 1080 H
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources 13-Sep-12 01:39 AM
by RABaker
4352 ---
A general, generic topic Astrophotographic terms
I have heard a lot of unfamiliar terms tossed around in various forums dealing with astron
gbowen Gold Member 15-Sep-12 01:14 AM
by gbowen
3325 ---
A general, generic topic Astrophotography References for Beginners?
What are some good references for beginners to Astronomy and Astrophotography? Has anyo
kenuck Silver Member 15-Sep-12 05:46 PM
by lastdaylight
2483 ---

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.