Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D810/D800/D800E

IDTopicAuthor Last updated dateRepliesViewsRating
This is a hot, active topic! How to get sharp pics with the D800?
Hi, I just upgraded from D200 to D800 and got mine few days ago. As far I haven´t been
ExtremePic 18-May-12 09:21 PM
by mabuge
422480 ---
A general, generic topic Best photo technique books and DVD courses to improve s...
Hi, I would like to improve my photography skills on the technique side and I am looking
ExtremePic 16-May-12 01:56 AM
by DigitalDarrell
7631 ---
A general, generic topic Jim Brnadenbug´s interview about the D800 after 1 month...
Hi, You may have watched it but just in case, here is a link to Jim´s blog where the vide
ExtremePic 13-May-12 12:20 AM
by gorji
3589 ---
A topic tagged as in need of help Custom Setting "Brackets" on D800
I ran into a snag while trying to set up Bracketing in Custom Settings on my new D8oo. I
explorer44 16-Jan-13 01:43 PM
by Leonard62
1429 ---
A general, generic topic Back Button
Help please, My D700 is set up to focus using the back AF On button as per Jason Odell's v
expat Silver Member 29-Nov-13 06:04 PM
by K64drb
5365 ---
A general, generic topic EN-EL 18
Is a different charger required for EN-EL18 batteries used in a MB-12 grip? D800 Thank
expat Silver Member 02-Dec-13 10:29 PM
by ajdooley
4350 ---
A general, generic topic CF cards
Any comments on Transcend 16 GB CF cards, I really want SanDisk but where I live you can b
expat Silver Member 14-Dec-13 12:23 PM
by ericbowles
10544 ---
A general, generic topic D800
I remember something similar being asked in the D700 section some time ago, having moved t
expat Silver Member 19-Dec-13 03:34 PM
by ericbowles
3262 ---
A general, generic topic Picture controls
Reference JRPs picture controls in the D700 section 7/9/10 D700 Topic #26018 JRP 174733.z
expat Silver Member 24-Dec-13 09:36 AM
by expat
2239 ---
A general, generic topic CF cards
My D700 was like a machine gun compared to the D800, I know why but are the following figu
expat Silver Member 13-Jan-14 07:45 AM
by expat
5396 ---
A general, generic topic Strange focus point behaviour
Well, I gave in and got one, and the left focus point seems fine. However, I noticed odd b
Escaladieu Silver Member 17-Oct-12 12:23 AM
by johntechx
4647 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Help me out please
I'm trying to avoid the "that expensive camera can't take a picture of the dog?" question
Escaladieu Silver Member 03-Nov-12 08:31 AM
by Escaladieu
271626 ---
A general, generic topic D800 time setting - first actuation
Does the D800 require the date / time zone to be set when its turned on for the first ti
Escaladieu Silver Member 01-Nov-12 04:14 PM
by K64drb
9812 ---
A general, generic topic D800 CLS Flash Commander Manual mode bug
Was doing some portraits & discovered that my D800 won't fire external flashes when group
Escaladieu Silver Member 22-Nov-13 06:04 PM0172 ---
A general, generic topic Which GGS LCD protector??
Guys, I have GGS LCD protectors for my D4 and my wife's D5000. I really like them and I
esantos Moderator Nikonians Resources Writer. Recognized for his outstanding reviews on printers and printing articles. Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, including Landscape Photography Awarded for his extraordinary accomplishments in Landscape Photography. His work has been exhibited at the Smithsonian. 29-Dec-12 01:49 PM
by richardd300
171068 ---
A general, generic topic RRS shipping D800/D800E L bracket
I got confirmation yesterday that Really Right Stuff had shipped my L bracket for the D800
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 07-Apr-12 06:14 PM
by col4bin
6729 ---
A general, generic topic D800E - Wow!
This afternoon I received my D800E from Berger Brothers. All I can say is Wow! The level
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 04-May-12 04:01 PM
by JiangMX
191227 ---
A general, generic topic D800 High ISO performance
We've got a lot of discussion around high ISO performance of the D800 vs other cameras - D
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 09-Feb-12 11:35 AM
by Ned_L
192057 ---
A general, generic topic D800E bird photography images
I've posted some sample images from the D800E in the wildlife Forum. Here is the link: <
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 08-May-12 12:52 PM
by km6xz
51079 ---
This is a hot, active topic! D800E focus points
I'm not sure whether my problem is with the camera or the software. I took a handful of
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 29-May-12 06:10 AM
by fmrnykr
341380 ---
A general, generic topic D800 wait list and shipments
Last night I had a chance to talk with my local Nikon dealer about the demand for the D800
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 18-May-12 06:44 PM
by psf914
3970 ---
This is a hot, active topic! How should you test DSLR focus?
I’d like to start a discussion on best practices in evaluating focus in a DSLR. There are
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 22-Jun-12 01:37 PM
by km6xz
301420 ---
A general, generic topic Review of Real vs. Fake D800 Grip
FStoppers has published a good review comparing the real Nikon MBD12 grip to a knockoff ve
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 21-Jul-12 02:51 AM
by aztwang
1945 ---
A general, generic topic D800 AF Accuracy - Phase Detect vs. Contrast Detect
We've had several discussions of how the focus accuracy and consistency of the D800 compar
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 25-Sep-12 03:58 AM
by Clint S
71235 ---
This is a hot, active topic! How much time have you spent testing your D800/D800E? ...
We've had a number of posts about testing the D800 including recent posts about whether yo
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 24-Sep-12 01:13 AM
by cbrandin
481642 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Replacement battery door cover for D800
I lost the battery cover for my D800E body today. Does anyone know of a source for replac
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 24-Feb-13 11:23 PM
by ScottChapin
242193 ---
This is a hot, active topic! D800 and AF performance
Based on a thread in another forum, I've discovered some information that makes me rethink
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 31-Oct-13 06:54 PM
by Crisol
363314 ---
A general, generic topic The penalty of raising ISO
We talk a lot about the great ISO performance of the D800, but its easy to ignore the trad
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 12-Jan-14 01:47 AM
by KnightPhoto
5533 ---
A general, generic topic D800/D800E upgrade on the horizon?
Nikon Rumors has a high degree of confidence in a June upgrade to the D800/D800E - a D800S
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 22-May-14 02:24 PM
by mrwilson
5424 ---
A general, generic topic D800 Live View Examples
I was lucky to get a D800 at my local Best Buy and have had some time this weekend to get
EnviroBob Silver Member 26-Mar-12 12:29 PM
by EnviroBob
2886 ---

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.