Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software White Balance & Color

IDTopicAuthorLast updated dateRepliesViews Rating
Pinned topic Additive and Subtractive Colors
Colleagues: I prepared these charts as an aid to a few people I am tutoring in basic co
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 16-May-14 10:26 PM
by HBB
615955 ---
Pinned topic The Promised Color Temperature Test ...
As promised, here is a hastily contrived test of the custom WB color temperature settings
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 28-Sep-13 06:29 PM
by HBB
492796 ---
Pinned topic Welcome to the White Balance and Color forum
Our moderator Hal Becker (HBB) has brought to our attention that the subject of White Bala
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources 16-Mar-12 08:00 PM
by PhotoGene47
41258 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Hand-Held Meters Part I: Reflected vs Incident Meters
Here is the first of two hand-held meter discussions. Part I explores the differences in
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 07-Mar-12 03:00 PM
by HBB
513935 ---
This is a hot, active topic! The RAW Truth ...
For those of you working with RAW files, and desiring the most accurate color fidelity, be
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 16-Mar-12 06:42 PM
by jgould2
862011 ---
This is a hot, active topic! The Perilous Path to "Accurate" Color ...
The two fascinating discusions of "accurate color" versus "correct color" here in the Engl
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 12-Dec-13 06:20 PM
by HBB
341206 ---
A general, generic topic Is my gray card broken, or is my brain?
I've been trying to improve the color balance in my portraits, and one sure-fire method th
Mike in FL Silver Member 06-Feb-13 01:24 PM
by Craig Bennett
161090 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Degrees Kelvin, Color Temperature, and Mired Relationsh...
Degrees Kelvin, Color Temperature, and Mired Relationships Preface T hi
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 18-Mar-12 11:07 PM
by HBB
211084 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Alternative to the expensive ExpoDisc
I am trying the gray cards with which I am happy. However it's not convenient to carry wit
giorgoc Gold Member 18-Jun-12 06:25 PM
by giorgoc
301021 ---
A general, generic topic sRGB vs. Adobe RGB
In a recent post of one of my images it was indicated that I should be using sRGB instead
tekneektom Gold Member 13-Feb-13 06:24 PM
by kj_fi
10959 ---
A general, generic topic Hand Held Meters Part II: Color Temperature Meters
Below are images of the Macbeth Color Temperature Chart used for the subject in this study
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 31-Dec-11 06:31 PM
by HBB
7865 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Sekonic C-500 R
I am contemplating getting one of these in the near future. It is one of those pricey thi
ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography 06-Feb-13 11:53 PM
by ScottChapin
35748 ---
This is a hot, active topic! David Hobby and the Dropping Flash Sync Speed.
David Hobby, the Strobist, posted [link:strobist.blogs pot.com/2012/09/niko n-d600-think-twi
gkaiseril Gold Member 20-Dec-12 07:26 PM
by jbloom
28710 ---
A general, generic topic 18% Gray Cards - how to use
Hi, I am trying to improve my photo shootings, especially product shooting and portrait
giorgoc Gold Member 20-May-12 04:29 PM
by giorgoc
11697 ---
This is a hot, active topic! C-500R vs AWB Part 2
Today, the Atlanta Nikonians went to Old Car City in Cartersville, the worlds larges junk
ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography 02-Apr-13 01:31 AM
by walkerr
23694 ---
A general, generic topic Auto WB?
Can anyone please offer an explanation about how it's possible for a camera to determine,
PeterBeckett Gold Member 16-Dec-12 08:28 PM
by dagoldst
13685 ---
A general, generic topic Best Tools for Custom White Balance
I am interesting in improving my portrait, sports, and architectural photography using cus
balan76 Silver Member 07-Mar-12 04:29 AM
by Vlad_IT
10681 ---
A general, generic topic Expodisc Use with NEf files?
The Expodisc looks like a reasonable, if expensive, substitute for a gray card. I am no
leonardevens Silver Member 06-Sep-13 01:44 PM
by mel_klim
13673 ---
A topic tagged as having a question Processing RAW images for accurate color measurements i...
Hi all, I am new to Nikonians, but happy I joined. I have a question for everyone abou
efisher16 07-Mar-13 02:54 AM
by HBB
14625 ---
This is a hot, active topic! HOW COME ?
I took this shot of a WhiBal card using 2700K CFL. 2 lamps approx 2:1 ratio. Closer lig
largebore Silver Member 05-May-13 01:26 AM
by elec164
22616 ---
A general, generic topic White balance card or color checker card
What are the practical benefits of any of using a color checker card [ Color checker passp
largebore Silver Member 30-May-14 11:59 PM
by Bravozulu
15592 ---
A topic tagged as having a question Does a raw file have a color space?
I was trying to find out more about this topic and truth is I'm getting more and more conf
realim Silver Member 25-Apr-13 10:16 PM
by KenLPhotos
15555 ---
A general, generic topic True or false WB?
Hi! Here is an issue of white balance in an image taken during the winter evening of No
kj_fi Silver Member 18-Dec-12 01:13 AM
by dagoldst
14552 ---
A general, generic topic Color temperature meter app for Android
As per the subject. I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy SII Android smartphone - with firm
Highlander_Italy 21-Jun-12 03:43 AM
by four eighty sparky
2539 ---
A general, generic topic iMac LCD screen doesn't match prints
Ok, I am pulling what little is left of my hair. Background. - Have a 2011 27" iMac
Sportymonk 17-May-12 11:49 AM
by ericbowles
6511 ---
A general, generic topic Help with my PRE wb :-(
Hello there, I have just received my new 12'' Collapsible Pure White Balance 18% Grey G
giorgoc Gold Member 11-Mar-12 09:16 AM
by giorgoc
19482 ---
A general, generic topic SATURATED YELLOW MAGICALLY APPEARS ??
The images below are a brown bowl that I shot in a studio setting with 2700 CFL's. Color
largebore Silver Member 26-Apr-13 05:24 PM
by largebore
20480 ---
A general, generic topic Copy Stand lighting and colour cast
At work I am using a D90 with a AFS Nikkor 17-35 ED lens on a copystand with Osram Dulux L
conserve72 14-Jan-13 01:31 PM
by elec164
11445 ---
A general, generic topic Doing something wrong but I don't know what.
I placed a grey card down on a table. lighting is a combo daylight from a window and spir
JBD90 Silver Member 09-Jul-12 04:43 PM
by HBB
14441 ---
A general, generic topic Thinking about a C-500R Purchase
This is my first post to this forum as I have spent most of my time in the D3 and D800 for
pyrpal Gold Member 07-Jan-13 03:22 PM
by HBB
12441 ---

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.