Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software White Balance & Color

IDTopic AuthorLast updated dateRepliesViewsRating
Pinned topic Welcome to the White Balance and Color forum
Our moderator Hal Becker (HBB) has brought to our attention that the subject of White Bala
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources 16-Mar-12 08:00 PM
by PhotoGene47
41284 ---
Pinned topic The Promised Color Temperature Test ...
As promised, here is a hastily contrived test of the custom WB color temperature settings
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 04-Aug-14 10:04 PM
by HBB
512856 ---
Pinned topic Degrees Kelvin, Color Temperature, and Mired Relationsh...
Degrees Kelvin, Color Temperature, and Mired Relationships Preface T hi
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 29-Jul-14 12:17 AM
by HBB
231148 ---
Pinned topic Additive and Subtractive Colors
Colleagues: I prepared these charts as an aid to a few people I am tutoring in basic co
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 16-May-14 10:26 PM
by HBB
615994 ---
A general, generic topic X-rite Display Pro and pinkish cast on monitor
Having recently (January 29) acquired a new PC with a 27" display, I thought I'd treat it
Zareeba Gold Member 14-Feb-14 10:21 AM
by Zareeba
2133 ---
A topic tagged as having a question X-Rite ColorChecker Passport - Camera Profile for every...
I received my X-Rite ColorChecker Passport yesterday. I have watched a few videos on x
liamtoh1ps 08-May-12 09:04 PM
by liamtoh1ps
2420 ---
A general, generic topic Windows Color Management
I'm using Win7 OS. In Start>Control Panel>Color Management there is an Advanced tab. In
TerryMc Silver Member 18-Oct-12 05:58 PM
by TerryMc
2278 ---
A general, generic topic Why red is always problematic to the camera sensor?
Hi, can anybody explain to me why the modern DSLR cameras always have problems with pre
piowoc 09-Oct-12 01:47 PM
by Noel Holland
2303 ---
A general, generic topic White balance with 3 different cameras ?
I am a wedding photographer and use 3 cameras between me and my second shooter. D7000, D80
mrpenguin Silver Member 09-Jun-13 01:22 PM
by walkerr
5308 ---
A general, generic topic White balance under trees
Any tips for correcting white balance around leaves without shooting a gray card or white
Vox Sciurorum 19-Jul-12 02:06 AM
by PeterBeckett
3363 ---
A topic tagged as having a question White Balance Presets
I have a bunch of pictures in the d-1 slot, for presets. It does not seem readily apparen
pipehorse Silver Member 19-Feb-12 09:15 PM
by pipehorse
3353 ---
A general, generic topic White balance card or color checker card
What are the practical benefits of any of using a color checker card [ Color checker passp
largebore Silver Member 30-May-14 11:59 PM
by Bravozulu
15631 ---
A general, generic topic White balance and the eyes
Hal has talked about how the brain compensates to build a proper white balance and I have
dagoldst Silver Member 02-Feb-13 02:19 PM
by marsmail
4306 ---
A general, generic topic White Balance and RAW format
Currently I have a d7100 and just ViewNX2 software. I currently shoot uncompressed RAW 14
BobG55 Silver Member 17-Dec-13 03:30 PM
by HBB
16446 ---
A general, generic topic White balance and colour rendition
I recently took some photos under fluorescent light after setting the white balance on my
mikru 08-Oct-13 11:08 PM
by ScottChapin
8311 ---
A general, generic topic White Balance
I set the white balance incorrectly ie for flurescent light instead of sunlight and all th
GOS 11-Jun-12 02:50 PM
by Ned_L
3382 ---
A topic tagged as having a question WhiBal White Balance Card
Hello, I just ordered a WhiBal white balance card. It is a credit card sized card. I wa
Bela614 Silver Member 23-Aug-13 11:57 PM
by ScottChapin
3225 ---
A topic tagged as having a question WhiBal Card and Nikon. Take Up The Full Frame?
Hello, I just bought a WhiBal card. I have used it according to instructions and the res
Bela614 Silver Member 08-Dec-13 09:33 PM
by Bela614
6307 ---
A general, generic topic What would a modern DSLR do with a mild warming filter ...
Hello, Curiosity question: what would a modern DSLR do in terms of white balance if a
PAStime Silver Member 04-Jan-13 09:51 PM
by dagoldst
3296 ---
A general, generic topic What flash gel to use?
I will be shooting an indoor event this weekend. I have viewed the location online. Ther
JohnE Nikon Silver Member 21-Jun-12 01:25 AM
by JohnE Nikon
2288 ---
A general, generic topic Using a Styrofoam cup for white balance
I did a test today using a xrite chart, a whitebal card and a Styrofoam cup under the same
Mikey265 Silver Member 31-Oct-12 10:23 PM
by four eighty sparky
1332 ---
A general, generic topic True or false WB?
Hi! Here is an issue of white balance in an image taken during the winter evening of No
kj_fi Silver Member 18-Dec-12 01:13 AM
by dagoldst
14576 ---
A general, generic topic Thinking about a C-500R Purchase
This is my first post to this forum as I have spent most of my time in the D3 and D800 for
pyrpal Gold Member 07-Jan-13 03:22 PM
by HBB
12458 ---
This is a hot, active topic! The RAW Truth ...
For those of you working with RAW files, and desiring the most accurate color fidelity, be
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 16-Mar-12 06:42 PM
by jgould2
862025 ---
This is a hot, active topic! The Perilous Path to "Accurate" Color ...
The two fascinating discusions of "accurate color" versus "correct color" here in the Engl
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 12-Dec-13 06:20 PM
by HBB
341223 ---
A general, generic topic The Last Grey Card
I have a product called "The Last Grey Card". It was made by Unicolor and its 10x8 size i
Beemer2 Silver Member 19-Mar-12 11:41 AM
by KenLPhotos
4448 ---
A general, generic topic sRGB vs. Adobe RGB
In a recent post of one of my images it was indicated that I should be using sRGB instead
tekneektom Gold Member 13-Feb-13 06:24 PM
by kj_fi
10981 ---
A general, generic topic SPYDER CHECKER - CHICKEN OR EGG ?
I have Spyder Check which I guess is not too much different than Passport Checker. It
largebore Silver Member 31-May-14 08:43 PM
by PBlais
7155 ---
A general, generic topic Someone 'splain this to me, please
While rambling around the innernets today, I stumbled across this on Nikons' website: "
four eighty sparky Silver Member 26-Apr-13 12:46 PM
by walkerr
6432 ---
A topic tagged as having a question Software
Is there any software out there that's free that can do what Photoshop and the rest of the
blueeyedsuzie 02-Apr-13 11:06 PM
by Chris Platt
6407 ---

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.