Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software White Balance & Color

IDTopicAuthorLast updated dateRepliesViewsRating 
Pinned topic Welcome to the White Balance and Color forum
Our moderator Hal Becker (HBB) has brought to our attention that the subject of White Bala
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources 16-Mar-12 08:00 PM
by PhotoGene47
41298 ---
Pinned topic Additive and Subtractive Colors
Colleagues: I prepared these charts as an aid to a few people I am tutoring in basic co
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 16-May-14 10:26 PM
by HBB
615999 ---
Pinned topic Degrees Kelvin, Color Temperature, and Mired Relationsh...
Degrees Kelvin, Color Temperature, and Mired Relationships Preface T hi
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 29-Jul-14 12:17 AM
by HBB
231159 ---
Pinned topic The Promised Color Temperature Test ...
As promised, here is a hastily contrived test of the custom WB color temperature settings
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 04-Aug-14 10:04 PM
by HBB
512872 ---
A general, generic topic Hand Held Meters Part II: Color Temperature Meters
Below are images of the Macbeth Color Temperature Chart used for the subject in this study
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 31-Dec-11 06:31 PM
by HBB
7890 ---
This is a hot, active topic! The RAW Truth ...
For those of you working with RAW files, and desiring the most accurate color fidelity, be
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 16-Mar-12 06:42 PM
by jgould2
862031 ---
This is a hot, active topic! The Perilous Path to "Accurate" Color ...
The two fascinating discusions of "accurate color" versus "correct color" here in the Engl
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 12-Dec-13 06:20 PM
by HBB
341227 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Hand-Held Meters Part I: Reflected vs Incident Meters
Here is the first of two hand-held meter discussions. Part I explores the differences in
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 07-Mar-12 03:00 PM
by HBB
513951 ---
A general, generic topic Best Tools for Custom White Balance
I am interesting in improving my portrait, sports, and architectural photography using cus
balan76 Silver Member 07-Mar-12 04:29 AM
by Vlad_IT
10719 ---
A topic tagged as having a question White Balance Presets
I have a bunch of pictures in the d-1 slot, for presets. It does not seem readily apparen
pipehorse Silver Member 19-Feb-12 09:15 PM
by pipehorse
3358 ---
A topic tagged as in need of help ColorMunki monitor profile doesn't hold for long
When I set up my monitor profile using ColorMunki Photo the colormunki icon at the bottom
prophotoman 25-Feb-12 04:44 PM
by voyageurfred
3466 ---
A general, generic topic Colorchecker Passport for WB
I'm using a Nikon D700 (soon D800E hopefully!) and a CC Passport to do a WB Preset. Even t
mikeguil 29-Feb-12 03:41 AM
by Greyscale
8453 ---
A general, generic topic 18% Gray Cards - how to use
Hi, I am trying to improve my photo shootings, especially product shooting and portrait
giorgoc 20-May-12 04:29 PM
by giorgoc
11712 ---
A general, generic topic Do colors affect a camera's white balance?
Reading another post somewhat related to white balance got me to thinking. When metering f
CharlieS 13-Mar-12 10:34 PM
by CharlieS
7361 ---
A general, generic topic Help with my PRE wb :-(
Hello there, I have just received my new 12'' Collapsible Pure White Balance 18% Grey G
giorgoc 11-Mar-12 09:16 AM
by giorgoc
19501 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Alternative to the expensive ExpoDisc
I am trying the gray cards with which I am happy. However it's not convenient to carry wit
giorgoc 18-Jun-12 06:25 PM
by giorgoc
301041 ---
A general, generic topic The Last Grey Card
I have a product called "The Last Grey Card". It was made by Unicolor and its 10x8 size i
Beemer2 Silver Member 19-Mar-12 11:41 AM
by KenLPhotos
4450 ---
A general, generic topic Copy Stand lighting and colour cast
At work I am using a D90 with a AFS Nikkor 17-35 ED lens on a copystand with Osram Dulux L
conserve72 14-Jan-13 01:31 PM
by elec164
11474 ---
A general, generic topic iMac LCD screen doesn't match prints
Ok, I am pulling what little is left of my hair. Background. - Have a 2011 27" iMac
Sportymonk 17-May-12 11:49 AM
by ericbowles
6541 ---
A topic tagged as having a question X-Rite ColorChecker Passport - Camera Profile for every...
I received my X-Rite ColorChecker Passport yesterday. I have watched a few videos on x
liamtoh1ps 08-May-12 09:04 PM
by liamtoh1ps
2422 ---
A topic tagged as in need of help How do I set custom white balance
I have a new D7000. I also bought a couple of cheap WB lenses/filter to read reflective (
cwils02 Gold Member 21-Apr-12 05:14 PM
by four eighty sparky
8424 ---
A general, generic topic White Balance
I set the white balance incorrectly ie for flurescent light instead of sunlight and all th
GOS 11-Jun-12 02:50 PM
by Ned_L
3382 ---
A general, generic topic Color temperature meter app for Android
As per the subject. I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy SII Android smartphone - with firm
Highlander_Italy 21-Jun-12 03:43 AM
by four eighty sparky
2577 ---
A general, generic topic What flash gel to use?
I will be shooting an indoor event this weekend. I have viewed the location online. Ther
JohnE Nikon Silver Member 21-Jun-12 01:25 AM
by JohnE Nikon
2291 ---
A general, generic topic Is my gray card broken, or is my brain?
I've been trying to improve the color balance in my portraits, and one sure-fire method th
Mike in FL Silver Member 06-Feb-13 01:24 PM
by Craig Bennett
161125 ---
A general, generic topic sRGB vs. Adobe RGB
In a recent post of one of my images it was indicated that I should be using sRGB instead
tekneektom Gold Member 13-Feb-13 06:24 PM
by kj_fi
10986 ---
A general, generic topic Locating white balance in Nikon Capture NX2
I'm trying to set the white balance for an image in nx2. I know the adjustments are part
kayautho Silver Member 01-Jul-12 03:36 AM
by kayautho
2288 ---
A general, generic topic Purple coming out as Blue
I am having trouble with purple showing as blue. I have change WB to 10000K which seems to
osprey1947 08-Jul-12 02:33 AM
by HBB
5351 ---
A general, generic topic Doing something wrong but I don't know what.
I placed a grey card down on a table. lighting is a combo daylight from a window and spir
JBD90 Silver Member 09-Jul-12 04:43 PM
by HBB
14456 ---
A general, generic topic White balance under trees
Any tips for correcting white balance around leaves without shooting a gray card or white
Vox Sciurorum 19-Jul-12 02:06 AM
by PeterBeckett
3365 ---

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.