nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software White Balance & Color

IDTopicAuthor Last updated dateRepliesViewsRating
Pinned topic Welcome to the White Balance and Color forum
Our moderator Hal Becker (HBB) has brought to our attention that the subject of White Bala
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources 17-Oct-14 02:42 PM
by bgs
51440 ---
Pinned topic Additive and Subtractive Colors
Colleagues: I prepared these charts as an aid to a few people I am tutoring in basic co
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 01-Dec-14 06:57 PM
by sarayfoto
626096 ---
Pinned topic Degrees Kelvin, Color Temperature, and Mired Relationsh...
Degrees Kelvin, Color Temperature, and Mired Relationships Preface T hi
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 29-Jul-14 01:17 AM
by HBB
231242 ---
Pinned topic The Promised Color Temperature Test ...
As promised, here is a hastily contrived test of the custom WB color temperature settings
HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. 04-Aug-14 11:04 PM
by HBB
512959 ---
A general, generic topic X-rite Display Pro and pinkish cast on monitor
Having recently (January 29) acquired a new PC with a 27" display, I thought I'd treat it
Zareeba Gold Member14-Feb-14 11:21 AM
by Zareeba
2172 ---
A general, generic topic Bluish cast in shadow areas.
I have noticed that all of my photos taken at noon with my D90, the shadows have a bluish
zanxion72 27-Oct-13 11:37 AM
by zanxion72
5310 ---
A general, generic topic White balance under trees
Any tips for correcting white balance around leaves without shooting a gray card or white
Vox Sciurorum 19-Jul-12 03:06 AM
by PeterBeckett
3385 ---
A general, generic topic Shooting black and white?
Hi, just fast and easy question: should I shoot B&W pictures out of camera or do them o
verdict 02-Oct-12 06:04 PM
by Noel Holland
5335 ---
A general, generic topic Windows Color Management
I'm using Win7 OS. In Start>Control Panel>Color Management there is an Advanced tab. In
TerryMc Silver Member18-Oct-12 06:58 PM
by TerryMc
2299 ---
A general, generic topic sRGB vs. Adobe RGB
In a recent post of one of my images it was indicated that I should be using sRGB instead
tekneektom Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 13-Feb-13 07:24 PM
by kj_fi
101027 ---
A general, generic topic iMac LCD screen doesn't match prints
Ok, I am pulling what little is left of my hair. Background. - Have a 2011 27" iMac
Sportymonk 17-May-12 12:49 PM
by ericbowles
6569 ---
A general, generic topic Ideal WB for indoor hockey rink
Greetings all, and Happy Holidays! What is the best WB setting for an indoor hockey rin
sparden 26-Dec-12 03:29 PM
by PeterBeckett
5307 ---
A general, generic topic Effect of cycling lights on WB / Exposure
This could go in the exposure forum also.If the Mods want to move it , feel free. I have
SheriB Silver Member Awarded for sharing her exceptional images and details of rural farm life. 20-Mar-13 02:14 PM
by gpoole
11403 ---
A topic tagged as in need of help monitor calibration software advice
i need to buy a monitor calibration device for post processing and am looking for some sug
scouserhunter Silver Member29-Aug-14 05:13 PM
by ColColt
8199 ---
A topic tagged as in need of help colormunki photo not compatible with windows 8.1 64bit
after a lot of feedback i decided to get colormunki photo for my new toshiba satellite P70
scouserhunter Silver Member07-Sep-14 11:52 PM
by PBlais
12167 ---
This topic has been locked by a team member 10 stop nd filter recommendations?
This topic has been moved by the moderator of this forum.
scouserhunter Silver Member02-Nov-14 08:19 AM
by showorth
044 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Sekonic C-500 R
I am contemplating getting one of these in the near future. It is one of those pricey thi
ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography 07-Feb-13 12:53 AM
by ScottChapin
35792 ---
A general, generic topic C-500R vs AWB?
The following two photos were taken within moments of each other. The first was taken wit
ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography 30-Mar-13 05:07 PM
by HBB
6490 ---
This is a hot, active topic! C-500R vs AWB Part 2
Today, the Atlanta Nikonians went to Old Car City in Cartersville, the worlds larges junk
ScottChapin Moderator Awarded for his high level skills in various areas, including Aviation and Birds Photography 02-Apr-13 02:31 AM
by walkerr
23784 ---
A topic tagged as having a question Does a raw file have a color space?
I was trying to find out more about this topic and truth is I'm getting more and more conf
realim 25-Apr-13 11:16 PM
by KenLPhotos
15605 ---
A general, generic topic Thinking about a C-500R Purchase
This is my first post to this forum as I have spent most of my time in the D3 and D800 for
pyrpal Gold Member07-Jan-13 04:22 PM
by HBB
12494 ---
A topic tagged as in need of help ColorMunki monitor profile doesn't hold for long
When I set up my monitor profile using ColorMunki Photo the colormunki icon at the bottom
prophotoman 25-Feb-12 05:44 PM
by voyageurfred
3496 ---
A topic tagged as having a question White Balance Presets
I have a bunch of pictures in the d-1 slot, for presets. It does not seem readily apparen
pipehorse Silver Member19-Feb-12 10:15 PM
by pipehorse
3373 ---
A general, generic topic Why red is always problematic to the camera sensor?
Hi, can anybody explain to me why the modern DSLR cameras always have problems with pre
piowoc 09-Oct-12 02:47 PM
by Noel Holland
2318 ---
A general, generic topic Auto WB?
Can anyone please offer an explanation about how it's possible for a camera to determine,
PeterBeckett Gold Member16-Dec-12 09:28 PM
by dagoldst
13732 ---
A general, generic topic What would a modern DSLR do with a mild warming filter ...
Hello, Curiosity question: what would a modern DSLR do in terms of white balance if a
PAStime Silver Member04-Jan-13 10:51 PM
by dagoldst
3323 ---
A general, generic topic question about color
Hi folks, hope you are all having a swell winter. Here is my confusing question. Took a
pasknucklehead Silver Member16-Feb-13 01:29 AM
by HBB
8440 ---
This topic has been locked by a team member question about color
This topic has been moved by the moderator of this forum.
pasknucklehead Silver Member15-Feb-13 01:36 PM
by elec164
0271 ---
A general, generic topic Purple coming out as Blue
I am having trouble with purple showing as blue. I have change WB to 10000K which seems to
osprey1947 08-Jul-12 03:33 AM
by HBB
5376 ---
A topic tagged as in need of help How to eliminate green cast when shooting under a tree
Just wondering if anyone could point on how to get this right in camera. Everytime I take
osheyi 27-May-13 02:18 AM
by kodiak photo
8393 ---