Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Digital postprocessing & workflow (Public) Adobe postprocessing software (Public)

IDTopic AuthorLast updated dateRepliesViewsRating
Pinned topic Lightroom Develop Settings Tips
When I'm working with photographers who are new to Lightroom or who haven't had a lot of t
walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas 28-May-14 11:54 AM
by davidmcgill
345205 ---
Pinned topic FAQ for Adobe Products
Here are a few answers to questions that come up frequently in this forum: 1. Why won'
walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas 31-Jan-13 01:28 PM01972 ---
A general, generic topic Your processes for processing?
I use Photoshop Elements 9 to 'process' my RAW images. I am pretty new to digital photogr
BrawlerO 15-Dec-12 10:27 AM
by Izzie
11605 ---
A topic tagged as in need of help Yellow Cast and Batch Processing
At times i get yelloe cast in my pictures. I shoot with D800 and 24-70 2.8. Is there a
gvrao88 Silver Member 25-Apr-13 09:29 PM
by quenton8
2264 ---
A general, generic topic Xrite colorchecker passport
Are these used often to profile the camera in Lightroom 3? I did a search and didn't see a
Uscbryan Silver Member 07-Apr-11 08:47 PM
by elcee
81095 ---
A topic tagged as having a question XMP??
Hi all, What are .xmp files? What if i delete them or do i need to preserve them? Do i
drmanubmengi 21-Jun-12 01:50 AM
by esantos
8867 ---
A general, generic topic X-rite Passport
I have just started to use Gretag color checker SG with free passport software to create d
hujiie Silver Member 11-Dec-10 01:11 PM
by hujiie
2777 ---
A topic tagged as having a question www.directconnectionsoftware.com.
Does the above sell Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop legitimately?
Upstateaudio Silver Member 12-May-10 11:49 PM
by Upstateaudio
41141 ---
A general, generic topic Working in the alpha channel
I'm working on a portrait. It's a very basic studio head shot against a black backdrop.
cogrady Silver Member 20-Nov-10 05:32 PM
by scenicshutterbug
1644 ---
A topic tagged as in need of help Workflow Question: Editing in Camera Raw & Photoshop
I am using Photoshop CS3 for image editing. I follow the "nondestructive workflow" by usin
jim thomas Silver Member 22-Jul-10 01:09 AM
by jim thomas
61089 ---
A general, generic topic woof, woof! memory usage in lr4.1
Anyone got special tips on keeping memory usage down on LR4.1? I have some ridiculously h
blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas 10-Jun-12 02:58 AM
by barrywesthead
5927 ---
A general, generic topic Windows 8.1 and Photoshop 7
Well, my Mac quit talking to my Epson printers. I can't pay for service for the Mac jus
LL49Wat 04-Dec-13 09:38 PM
by LL49Wat
4307 ---
A general, generic topic Windows 7, CS5 and Nik software
I just upgraded my computer to windows 7 and photoshop CS5 64bit, I can't get my color efe
porkskin Silver Member 28-Aug-10 06:02 PM
by gkaiseril
31008 ---
A general, generic topic Windows 7 / PSE 7 & PSE 8
I have PSE 7 and been using it with Windows XP with no problems. Recently I purchased a ne
kanehill 27-Jan-10 01:39 AM
by robcran
41861 ---
A general, generic topic Will LR3 presets work ok in LR4?
I have heard that the presets developed in LR3 will not work correctly in v4, is this corr
Garry Fuller Silver Member 10-Mar-12 10:26 PM
by Garry Fuller
4850 ---
A general, generic topic Will Lightroom 2 work with Photoshop CS5 Extended?
Currently I'm running Photoshop CS4 Extended and Lightroom 2. I'm considering upgrading t
jgaab Silver Member 21-Aug-11 02:00 PM
by pdekman
5823 ---
A general, generic topic WILL ELEMENTS WORK FOR ME?
I use lightroom 3.3 and it is teriffic for my needs except that I would like to be able to
largebore Silver Member 24-Mar-11 05:17 AM
by Antero52
4936 ---
A general, generic topic Will Adobe update the PS ACR module?
As I have been working with both Lightroom and Photoshop CC to decide on a CNX replacement
mklass Platinum Member As a semi-professional involved in all manner of photographic genres including portraiture, sports, commercial, and events coverage, Mick is always ready to help Nikonians by sharing his deep knowledge of photography and printing. 05-Jun-14 11:53 AM
by walkerr
18344 ---
A general, generic topic Will ACR save edits in the nef file like CNX2?
One of the things I truly enjoy about processing my nef files in Capture NX2, is that my e
russg Silver Member 08-Oct-12 06:14 PM
by walkerr
16690 ---
A general, generic topic Why would LR let me ADD photos from a CD/DVD ...
This is more of a comment than a question. I added 30 photos from a CD provided by a fr
quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. 01-Feb-14 04:17 AM
by blw
3165 ---
A topic tagged as having a question Why Won't CS4 Open my NEFS from D7000?
I thought I updated ACR and CS4 still won't open my NEFs. Not a big problem because I main
dgs2 17-Jun-11 01:16 AM
by gkaiseril
2551 ---
A general, generic topic Why use LR to organize my photos ...
I often post, answering issues related to "why LR, I just use the Windows/MAC Filesystem",
quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. 02-Jul-14 01:21 AM
by nrothschild
2131 ---
A general, generic topic why use lightroom instead of picasa?
SO far I have used picasa as my file browser for about 5 years. (I have presently around 6
geneluck Silver Member 18-Sep-13 05:35 PM
by geneluck
5512 ---
A general, generic topic Why on earth???
Does CS5 Bridge use changed settings from a NEF file for some NEFs and not others? If I ha
KenLPhotos Gold Member 09-Jan-12 02:45 PM
by elcee
5697 ---
A general, generic topic Why Lightroom?
Can anyone convince me that I need Lightroom? I am very happy with Photoshop CS4 and its R
Rohinton_Mehta Silver Member 18-Aug-10 03:38 AM
by walkerr
5958 ---
A general, generic topic Why is there no BROWN?
The HSL panel in LR4 has red, orange, yellow, green, aqua, blue, purple, & magenta. Black
coolmom42 Silver Member Awarded for her enthusiastic support of the community and exemplifying the Nikonian mission “Share, Learn and Inspire” 02-Sep-12 05:22 PM
by Gamecocks
5659 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Why is there a ppi export setting?
When I export from Lightroom 3 it is either for subsequent projection or to email. I ex
Beemer2 Silver Member 19-Oct-10 05:24 PM
by Elyone
291593 ---
A general, generic topic Why is my TIF file smaller in Photoshop than Explorer?
In Photoshop CS5, I open a TIF file which in Windows 7 64bit explorer is shown as 333.964
Beemer2 Silver Member 08-Nov-11 04:30 PM
by Beemer2
5873 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Why I Don't Use Lightroom, and why NX2 is Better IMHO
There are a number of things that I don't care for in LR, such as having to use it for man
sfbillm Silver Member 23-Sep-11 08:45 PM
by walkerr
361595 ---
A topic tagged as having a question Why does Bridge reflect Camera Raw version 6.7?
This will probably be relegated to the "dumb questions" category after it is answered. I a
jim thomas Silver Member 03-Mar-13 08:45 PM
by walkerr
5372 ---

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.