Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Infrared & Ultraviolet (Public)

IDTopicAuthorLast updated dateRepliesViews Rating
Pinned topic IR Photography Resources
Here is a list of links to posts about IR resources and techniques. IR Lens Database h
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 21-Mar-14 08:08 PM
by InfraEdd
21976 ---
Pinned topic UV photography resources
Here are links to resources and informational posts about UV photography. Overview of
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 16-Sep-12 04:22 PM
by kds315
21222 ---
Pinned topic Using LR or ACR for IR images
I've received several e-mails regarding using Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) or Lightroom for infr
walkerr Administrator Awarded for his con tributed articles published at the Resources Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in multiple areas 25-May-13 03:29 AM
by walkerr
4820 ---
This is a hot, active topic! IR Lens Database
How about starting a lens database? We could all state lenses we've tried and on what kin
chimphappyhour 02-Jun-12 11:02 AM
by gqtuazon
545212 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Capture NX and Infrared Processing
After I got my IR-converted camera back I googled long and hard to find a workflow that wo
jeffmeyers Silver Member Winner in the Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest 07-May-13 12:00 PM
by NanoMeter
234517 ---
A general, generic topic A simple tutorial for UV photography
I thought it would be helpful to have a simple "cook book style" tutorial on UV photograph
kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography 22-Oct-08 10:24 AM
by abikeride
04044 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Life Pixel IR Converted D700 to Enhanced Color...
I had my D700 Converted to IR by Life Pixel. The were great to work with. Vincent Versace'
rhulbert Gold Member Winner of the Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded for his limitless enthusiasm and extraordinarily genial nature consistently in support of Nikonians Writer Ribbon awarded for his generous and valuable contributions to the Nikonians Articles (Resources) section. 06-Mar-11 11:22 AM
by ericbowles
223907 ---
A general, generic topic Overview of UV + IR filters
A good overview with measured (!) graphs shows Shane Elen here: http://www.be yondvisible.
kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography 14-Jul-08 05:00 PM
by beyondvisible
53598 ---
A general, generic topic What is the "best" camera to convert for IR photography...
Assume any Nikon digital SLR is available for IR conversion from a D70 thru a D2HS and a D
rhulbert Gold Member Winner of the Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded for his limitless enthusiasm and extraordinarily genial nature consistently in support of Nikonians Writer Ribbon awarded for his generous and valuable contributions to the Nikonians Articles (Resources) section. 21-Jun-08 03:51 PM
by ckatosmith
183581 ---
A general, generic topic Richard Hammond's Invisible Worlds soon on BBC1 and Dis...
Well BBC has finally announced its new trilogy "Richard Hammond's Invisble Worlds" here
kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography 23-Mar-10 10:48 PM
by kds315
73251 ---
A general, generic topic UK IR conversion service
There is now a UK Based company that will convert your camera to IR. Advanced Camera servi
domhnall Silver Member 08-Jun-10 09:09 AM
by RAJMiller
112968 ---
A topic tagged as news Welcome to the IR and UV Photography Forum
Experts and practitioners of the craft and art of Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography wil
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources 03-May-08 12:44 AM
by kds315
122889 ---
A general, generic topic A comprehesive info for the IR shooter - Link
Just found that which I found pretty comprehensive: ht tp://heim.ifi.uio.no /~gisle/photo
kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography 05-Sep-10 05:34 PM
by RAJMiller
22803 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Anyone try DIY camera conversion?
I'm thinking of trying a [link:www.lifepixel. com/ir-tutorials/nik on-d50-digital-infra red-c
Tokyo Mike 09-Jul-09 11:32 AM
by ricdiggle
212604 ---
This topic has been locked by a team member Overview+comparison of 10 lenses ca 60mm focal length f...
...can be seen here: http://photog raphyoftheinvisiblew orld.blogspot.com/20 07/07/uv-rudbec
kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography 03-May-08 09:13 AM02572 ---
A general, generic topic D200 IR conversion in pictures
This is a link to the Nikongear site where I posted some pictures of how I took my D200 ap
stenrasmussen 30-Jul-09 03:33 PM
by A_R
52523 ---
A general, generic topic Nikon D70 conversion
I was looking to convert my D70 to IR photography. I found a page describing how to remov
Dragonbait 19-Apr-08 07:39 PM
by yqx
32387 ---
A general, generic topic Spectral Sensitivities
Here FYI some spectral sensitivities, all (C) Image Engineering, Germany Nikon D70 (unm
kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography 12-Aug-08 03:29 PM
by beyondvisible
52288 ---
A general, generic topic UV+VIS+IR image using a f0.75 50mm lens
This was shot without a filter but using the Nikon SB-140 flash. http://www .pbase.com/k
kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography 21-Apr-08 01:35 AM
by kds315
22179 ---
This topic has been locked by a team member Unscientific test of 3 lenses for UV (105mm)
This is a test I made some time ago about the: - Nikon UV Nikkor 105mm (or the identica
kds315 Moderator Awarded for his in depth knowledge and skills in a variety of subjects, most notably in Macro and Close-Up, Infrared and Ultraviolet Photography 03-May-08 10:05 AM02136 ---
A general, generic topic Kodak EIR false color IR film emulation, Tutorial with ...
One of the first color IR films produced for consumers was Kodak EIR false color IR film..
bekir56 Gold Member 21-Nov-08 08:25 PM
by kds315
12112 ---
A general, generic topic RE: Tutorial for IR Conversion - was: Colonial Williams...
Sorry it took so long to answer. I was trying to figure out a way to make it sound as simp
mfphoto1 05-Nov-08 07:51 PM
by orftoden
32034 ---
A general, generic topic INFRARED PICTURES
I'm looking for information on how to take Infrared images with the D70?
d_eugene 27-Sep-04 08:36 PM
by johanvw
82006 ---
A general, generic topic An article on Infrared Photography is now available
Romulo Lubachesky, Nikonian from Brazil, has written a profusely illustrated article that
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources 18-Jul-08 08:21 AM
by kds315
11992 ---
A general, generic topic For those interested - low pass filter removal
Here are the pictures I took during my D2H surgery: I have since gone back in again an
stenrasmussen 01-May-08 10:31 AM
by stenrasmussen
41970 ---
A general, generic topic 16-85mm DX VR suitability for IR?
First, I'm really glad to see this forum! Thanks for putting it up. I cannot find info
Crabby Guy Silver Member 17-Apr-08 02:31 PM
by kds315
61945 ---
A topic tagged as having a question Life Pixel IR conversion for D700...just a thought
Has anyone tried a D3 IR conversion by Life Pixel? I was thinking of a D700 conversion a
rhulbert Gold Member Winner of the Nikonians 10th Anniversary Photo Contest Awarded for his limitless enthusiasm and extraordinarily genial nature consistently in support of Nikonians Writer Ribbon awarded for his generous and valuable contributions to the Nikonians Articles (Resources) section. 17-Jul-08 04:14 PM
by ericbowles
31945 ---
A general, generic topic Wratten 87 vs. R72 - Color vs B&W?
I've been fiddling around with IR filters on an unconverted D1. I started with a Wratten
Strobonar 12-Jul-08 03:43 AM
by beyondvisible
41930 ---
A general, generic topic Mormon Row IR
Most of the traditional images of Mormon Row at Grand Teton National Park feature the barn
ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community 10-May-08 08:37 PM
by ericbowles
21913 ---
A general, generic topic Converted Nikon D70
I just had my D70 converted to the standard conversion and am starting to get the swing of
rockawaybirder 01-May-08 11:45 AM
by jwcollect
91882 ---

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.