Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby IMAGE SHARING - POST PICTURES FORUMS Black & White / Film & Digital

IDTopicAuthorLast updated dateRepliesViews Rating
Pinned topic Black & White / Film and Digital
When thinking about photography as art, B&W comes immediately to mind. So strongly that w
jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources 16-Jan-14 01:42 AM
by Argyll
406369 ---
Pinned topic Posting Images for Critique or Comments
Nikonians is a teaching/learning community. As such, when asking for critique or comments
DWGimages Moderator Awarded for his skills and knowledge in various areas, including Nude Photography 23-Jan-09 01:47 PM01666 ---
Pinned topic On uploading and linking
This is to signal that there is an excellent and quite definitive article on uploading and
olivierrychner Gold Member  Awarded for his long standing high level of commitment to the Nikonians community and demonstrated excellence in the art and science of photography. 20-Nov-09 07:41 PM0822 ---
Pinned topic Special Edition Photo Contest
I am pleased to announce we are holding a [link:www.nikonians. org/forums/dcboard.p hp?az=sh
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape 01-Dec-13 12:46 AM068 ---
This topic has been locked by a team member Image posting, uploading and linking
Please note that our updated Terms of Use now reflect the following change to the posting
DWGimages Moderator Awarded for his skills and knowledge in various areas, including Nude Photography 06-Feb-08 08:23 AM
by DWGimages
02376 ---
A general, generic topic Changes to posting rules
Members who contribute financially to Nikonians (i.e. Silver, Gold and Platinum members) h
Paul_Fisher Gold Member Awarded for his multiple article contributions 27-Jun-08 11:45 PM
by Vegasvic II
12250 ---
A general, generic topic 3 for starters
Ah, B&W!! I don't shoot/convert much B&W, but I do like it. Now that there's a forum for
reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources 10-Mar-06 03:09 PM
by MstrBones
32047 ---
A general, generic topic Scissors handles
I thought I'd stick my toe in the B&W pool. This abstract shot (for me, anyway) is of the
drjimbob Team Member Awarded In Memoriam for  sharing countless hours of his expertise no matter how simple or complex the question, and especially for his eternal good nature. 10-Mar-06 02:56 PM
by MstrBones
31969 ---
A general, generic topic Rubber - Emphasis on Form
In colour this looked too ordinary. I liked the lines and texture and hoped to accentuate
F80 11-Mar-06 01:14 AM
by F80
61889 ---
A general, generic topic Nikonians Member Survey
Take a few minutes to complete a simple survey and you could win a new Markins ball head.
F80 18-Jul-08 12:21 AM
by F80
01860 ---
A general, generic topic Natural textures
This scene of rushing water and rock was fairly monochrome to begin with, so my conversion
dclarhorn Moderator In depth knowledge and high level skills in a variety of areas including landscape 12-Mar-06 03:07 AM
by dclarhorn
71853 ---
A general, generic topic A magnificent sculpture rendered in metal
This is a classic, form follows function engineering masterpiece. I can't think of anythi
MstrBones Silver Member 12-Mar-06 02:04 PM
by MstrBones
41834 ---
A general, generic topic What did Ansel use
Is there some B&W history buff that knows primarily what focal lengths Ansel Adams shot hi
MstrBones Silver Member 13-Mar-06 02:33 PM
by MstrBones
91807 ---
A general, generic topic Balanced Rock in B/W
Here's one of Balanced Rock in Arches National Park. Taken in color and converted to B/W
kleb7842 Gold Member 11-Mar-06 04:34 AM
by dclarhorn
51759 ---
A general, generic topic Chapel
I've posted photos of this structure before in the Architecture forum. One of these was a
MstrBones Silver Member 12-Mar-06 02:11 PM
by MstrBones
91732 ---
A general, generic topic Just one of many...
...of my favorite B&W images. Love the detail that one sees through black and white. [li
DWGimages Moderator Awarded for his skills and knowledge in various areas, including Nude Photography 10-Mar-06 03:10 PM
by MstrBones
31708 ---
A general, generic topic Rusty, bedewed bolt
I can't remember if I've posted this here or not. It's a close-up of a bolt on a footbrid
drjimbob Team Member Awarded In Memoriam for  sharing countless hours of his expertise no matter how simple or complex the question, and especially for his eternal good nature. 13-Mar-06 01:44 PM
by F80
41693 ---
A general, generic topic Waterfall conversion
I don't want to double post the image, but I recently posted an image in the Landscape For
drjimbob Team Member Awarded In Memoriam for  sharing countless hours of his expertise no matter how simple or complex the question, and especially for his eternal good nature. 12-Mar-06 01:29 AM
by DWGimages
31654 ---
A general, generic topic Bet you'll never guess
I'll call this a bit of an abstract work that came about when I was working on something e
bcm75 11-Mar-06 12:26 PM
by bcm75
71610 ---
A general, generic topic A valley view
Taken from an outlook point in Pinnacle State Park, Arkansas. D70s manu al mode Sigma 28-7
MstrBones Silver Member 16-Mar-06 03:40 PM
by MstrBones
71575 ---
A general, generic topic Custom Black and White Curve
Is it possible to get a custom curve for use on Nikon digitals that will make the image bl
janaka_rodrigue 12-Mar-06 12:48 AM
by drjimbob
21567 ---
A general, generic topic Monorail?
Edited for description now that I know what it is... This is a walkway/bicycle path! I
MstrBones Silver Member 12-Mar-06 01:48 PM
by MstrBones
21490 ---
A general, generic topic B&W Rennisance
Think B&W has enjoyed a renaissance of sort over the past couple of years. I try to use so
Lighthouseman 11-Mar-06 01:09 AM
by F80
71475 ---
A general, generic topic First Time Posting - Scenes from an Evacuation
Last summer, amid the delirium that was the evacuation of the city of Houston in advance o
HFMarshburnJR 18-Mar-06 01:58 PM
by STAN__LEE
41473 ---
A general, generic topic Snow scenes
Hi all, Here's a couple I took today. They were converted to B&W in PhotoShop ProX using t
Airborne1 12-Mar-06 10:39 PM
by MstrBones
41466 ---
A general, generic topic B&W conversion considerations and techniques for digita
First off, I'm very glad to see this forum start up! I have immensely enjoyed shooting fo
MstrBones Silver Member 10-Mar-06 02:47 PM
by MstrBones
01441 ---
A general, generic topic Film/Digital Hybrid
I went out the other night with my Nikon S2 (the rangefinder..not the P&S digital) w/50 1.
MelT 17-Mar-06 12:38 PM
by F80
111412 ---
A general, generic topic Please Hold Handrail
I'm cheating a bit here. Can you guess why? I won't give this away until Bob guesses. ;
F80 19-Mar-06 01:15 PM
by F80
81363 ---
A general, generic topic d2X hi2 for B&W?
I've been experimenting with the highest iso setting on the D2X for B&W. The inherent nois
recidivist 13-Mar-06 04:21 PM
by MstrBones
31348 ---
A general, generic topic convertToBW Pro
Do any of you use this plugin? I've just shown a series of images with most of the shot
recidivist 15-Mar-06 10:29 AM
by recidivist
51319 ---

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.