nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Expand topics | View in linear mode
Nikonians User Reactivation Reactivate account Get a new password Lost password View RSS Feed of this page RSS Show newest topics Read new Go to post a new message Post
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR VISION - BY SPECIALTY Sports
IDTopicAuthorLast updated dateReplies ViewsRating
Pinned topic December Contest – “Start them Young”
For December we are going to take a look at youth sports, the theme is – Start them Y
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 27-Dec-14 02:32 PM
by gmth
8226 ---
Pinned topic Finalists: November Contest – “Sportrait”
Please vote now for your favorite image! Our members are at the center of all of our month
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 02-Dec-14 02:42 AM
by dm1dave
1259 ---
Pinned topic Welcome/Pertinent Information
Welcome to the Sports Forum (as of April 14, 2010) Rules [/font
rmigliaccio Administrator03-Mar-14 11:38 PM
by mkmull77
02375 ---
This is a hot, active topic! January Challenge: The Best of 2006
The criteria are simple: 1) Taken in 2006 2) Maximum of 3 shots 3) Conform to the [link:w
reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 29-Jan-07 11:54 PM
by thebeav
1011921 ---
This is a hot, active topic! July Challenge: Reach
Reach over the goal line to score the touchdown. Lean into the tape to win the race. Sli
reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 30-Jul-07 03:34 PM
by patriot1123
831511 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Frustrated with results from my D600...
Ok, I'm having some general sharpness issues with my D600's. I get some good ones and som
cebert Silver Member17-Feb-14 02:32 PM
by Ferguson
831002 ---
This is a hot, active topic! November Challenge: Pardon My Back
A challenge suggested by Jon (jbloom) - Shots from behind that are actually interesting.
reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 26-Nov-07 05:49 PM
by OldGuy
741643 ---
This is a hot, active topic! 2007 Challenge: Be Different
Most of our posters, especially our experienced ones, are good at the typical shots taken
reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 29-Dec-07 03:50 PM
by glenn58
734193 ---
This is a hot topic – It has been locked by a team member February Challenge: All Hands on Deck
A challenge suggested by Steve King (steve_king). Sho ts showing great use of hands, vol
reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 28-Feb-08 02:35 AM
by djbahdow2101
732057 ---
This is a hot, active topic! AF problems/questions Repost from the D700 Forum
Hi guys, on the advice of someone in the D700 forum, I am posting here. I posted there be
John Cerra Silver Member07-Jan-14 09:13 PM
by John Cerra
70521 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Post a Sports/Action Shot
I'd like to see what some fellow Nikonians have been doing lately in this forum. If you ha
adamojr 14-Dec-03 08:47 PM
by vfnewman
622457 ---
This is a hot, active topic! October Challenge: You Decide
I'll be gone on ANPAT from September 27 through October 7. I'll be back October 8 through
reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 31-Oct-07 11:42 PM
by steve_king
621291 ---
This is a hot, active topic! May Challenge: Here and Now
I believe that the latin expression is "Hic et Nunc". Anyway, the rule for this month's c
reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 01-Jun-07 06:00 AM
by MikeW2ck
611598 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Noise? Artifacts? Over-processed? Comments please!
I’m posting for a second time here six photos that I recently shot at a high school basket
Bob32 Silver Member08-Jan-12 03:12 AM
by cdnpilot
61805 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Do you sell your sports photos or give them away ?
We all have a lot of money invested in our equipment. Do you sell your photos or do you ki
rvd51 04-Jun-12 12:56 AM
by kartane
611008 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Amateur Sports Photography
My main focus is portrait photography but I'm also starting to branch out into sports phot
kfanninphotog 16-Jul-14 08:36 PM
by kfanninphotog
60652 ---
This is a hot topic – It has been locked by a team member January Challenge: The Best of 2007
The criteria are simple: 1) Taken in 2007. 2) Maximum of 3 shots. 3) Conform to the y
reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 31-Jan-08 09:08 AM
by MauiMikey
592288 ---
This is a hot, active topic! swim meet sharpness issues
It was after 1800 and overcast, was it the ISO at 320 that caused this photo to not be as
bobpilot Silver Member08-Aug-07 03:02 PM
by bobpilot
581201 ---
This is a hot, active topic! November Challenge - Blur
by popular request (and as no surprise), the obvious sequel to last month's challenge of "
reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 26-Nov-05 04:03 AM
by KJSchneid
561416 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Post your SINGLE favorite shot of the year
Here's the rules: You get one shot, and it has to be your favorite. Not necessarily your t
tjk60 17-Jan-09 07:35 PM
by TommieG2
561833 ---
This is a hot, active topic! March Challenge: Ouch! That hurts!!!
A collision, a crash, or just plain pain. A facial expression, a car hitting the wall, bo
reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 02-Apr-06 07:15 PM
by dmenges
551857 ---
This is a hot, active topic! April Challenge: Pushing and Shoving
The rules regarding pushing and shoving vary across sports, as does enforcement of the rul
reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 01-May-07 06:09 AM
by kartman
541517 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Basketball Action Photography Woes
Hello! I am in need of some help from the more experienced sports shooters on this site.
ultrafast Silver Member17-Jan-06 10:07 PM
by ultrafast
531973 ---
This is a hot, active topic! October Challenge: Portraits
Athletes at the event, but not competing. On the sideline, before or after the game, in t
reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 31-Oct-06 12:42 PM
by jbloom
521838 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Post your FAVORITE shot of 2003
I made a mental note to myself to close this thread around the end of February. We've had
vfnewman Gold Member Awarded for his multiple contributions to Resources Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 19-Feb-04 06:04 PM
by NascarN80
502359 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Charging Other Parents for Pictures...Issues?
I browsed over in the "Turning Pro" forum, and it really didn't address my questions. I'v
Aqualung Silver Member Awarded for his technical proficiency and numerous positive critiques over several years, most notably in the Sports forum 20-Mar-07 10:57 AM
by jbloom
501635 ---
This is a hot, active topic! November Contest – “The Stretch”
This month’s challenge, chosen by our October winner is “The Stretch” In spor
dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community 01-Dec-13 08:08 AM
by TomJonesPhoto
48624 ---
This is a hot, active topic! April Challenge: Black and White
Alright, the last couple of months have been easy. "Victory" and "Ouch! That hurts!!!" I
reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 01-May-06 10:17 AM
by Alex_86
461199 ---
This is a hot, active topic! June Challenge: I Can Fly!
Nothing touching the ground. Runners in midstride with both feet off the ground. Cars, t
reuben Moderator Landscape and Sports in depth expertise Awarded for his article contributions to the Resources Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 30-Jun-06 10:24 PM
by savasyn
451495 ---
This is a hot, active topic! Why AF-ON button preferred for AF?
I notice that some D200 users prefer that focus be acquired by depressing the AF-ON butto
Bob32 Silver Member11-Oct-09 12:12 AM
by Nikon300Bob
451862 ---