Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2065
View in threaded mode

Subject: "V1 and Nikon DX 55-200mm VR" Previous topic | Next topic
tomlawone Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Mar 2011Mon 29-Oct-12 02:11 AM
281 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"V1 and Nikon DX 55-200mm VR"

Hayden Lake, US

I am going for very light weight. Has anyone used this lens with the V1, and, if so, how does this combination work??

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
nwcs Silver Member Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Landscape and Wildlife Photography Nikonian since 15th Jan 2006Mon 29-Oct-12 04:12 PM
6874 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: V1 and Nikon DX 55-200mm VR"
In response to Reply # 0

Knoxville, US

I haven't used the 55-200 but I have used the 70-300 VR on it. I also have 2 years experience with the older 55-200 so I can guess pretty well. It will work quite nicely. You're using the center part of the lens and it will be pretty good optically. Essentially, though, the optics will perform exactly as you expect. It's just like a crop from the center of the lens.

kenuck Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2008Mon 29-Oct-12 07:21 PM
102 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: V1 and Nikon DX 55-200mm VR"
In response to Reply # 1
Mon 29-Oct-12 07:24 PM by kenuck

Burnaby, CA

I haven't used this lens but according to Ken Rockwell it's a great lightweight lens. He says the bayonet lens mount is plastic (this keeps weight down), so you need to be a bit more careful in how you handle it (but this is probably less of a problem with the V1 than with heavier DSLRs). His review is at http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/dx-dream-team.htm (scroll down about half way), or for more detail http://www.kenrockwell.com/nikon/55-200mm-vr.htm

Ken

tomlawone Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Mar 2011Tue 30-Oct-12 05:22 PM
281 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: V1 and Nikon DX 55-200mm VR"
In response to Reply # 2

Hayden Lake, US

Thanks for the input. That lens can be had very inexpensively now as refurbished. I'll give it a try. I have the 70-300VR but will sell that when the 70-200VR f/4 comes out. The latter is more than I want to lug on many hikes.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2065 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.