nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2037
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Anyone seen specs for the V2's EL21 battery?" Previous topic | Next topic
kenuck Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2008Fri 26-Oct-12 05:05 PM
108 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Anyone seen specs for the V2's EL21 battery?"
Fri 26-Oct-12 07:18 PM by kenuck

Burnaby, CA

Several people have said the new battery is smaller than the V1's EL15 but I can't find any specs on it, other than a rating of 310 shots on the V2 vs 350 shots on the V1. However the V2 would probably include some built-in flash usage so the results not really comparable.

Nikon's battery numbering system not really logical but they're generally higher voltage and/or Ah as the numbers increase EL12, 14, 15, 18 (J1's EL20 the exception)

Ken

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
briantilley Moderator Deep knowledge of bodies and lens; high level photography skills Nikonian since 26th Jan 2003Fri 26-Oct-12 10:47 PM
29352 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Anyone seen specs for the V2's EL21 battery?"
In response to Reply # 0

Paignton, UK

>Nikon's battery numbering system not really logical

Generally speaking, the numbering is chronological. Higher number = more recent introduction.

Brian
Welsh Nikonian

kenuck Silver Member Nikonian since 03rd Nov 2008Sat 27-Oct-12 10:20 PM
108 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Anyone seen specs for the V2's EL21 battery?"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 27-Oct-12 10:22 PM by kenuck

Burnaby, CA

Well, to answer my own question, B&H now has them on sale.
7.2v 1485 mAh, so about 20% less Watt-hr capacity relative to the V1's EL15 battery.

Might need 2 spares...

Ken

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005Thu 01-Nov-12 01:43 PM
8918 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Anyone seen specs for the V2's EL21 battery?"
In response to Reply # 2

Atlanta, US

The V2 uses the EN-EL21 and the V1 uses the EN-EL15. The battery charger is also different - MH 28 for the V2 and MH-25 for the V1.

The V1 does not have an on board flash while they have added a flash on the V2.

The battery change is a bit of a drawback - the EN-EL15 was the same battery used on the recent DSLR's.

If I were to buy right now, the V1 kits with the big discount are very attractive.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon 1 Cameras (Public) topic #2037 Previous topic | Next topic