Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29917
View in threaded mode

Subject: "GPS-1 Green light" Previous topic | Next topic
Howker Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Jul 2010Fri 13-Sep-13 01:04 PM
185 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"GPS-1 Green light"

Redmond, US

I am in the middle of a vacation & noticed no GPS data when I was reviewing a days shooting.
The green light is constant on the GP-1 & when I check in the GPS menu the Position is greyed out. Pressing ok gets the message "This option is not available with current settings". The settings have not changed since it was working perfectly.
Is this perhaps Nikon speak for even with a green light there are not enough satellites?
There is nothing strange with my settings I'm a Raw, A priority shooter.

It's a D7000 BTW.

Thnx for any input.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Howker Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Jul 2010Mon 23-Sep-13 01:15 AM
185 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: GPS-1 Green light"
In response to Reply # 0

Redmond, US

In the interest of the same thing happening to someone else - now I am back home from vacation with over 3k of shots without GPS data I have found the problem. The cable into the GP-1 was not properly seated!

Since the camera reported the error that GPS position " was not available with current settings" AND the green light was on I assumed it was a setting I had changed so never thought to check the cable was properly seated.
Why some engineer thought that error report made sense I have no idea but typical NIkon.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29917 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.