Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29350
View in threaded mode

Subject: "two SD" Previous topic | Next topic
briafast Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2010Tue 13-Aug-13 12:08 PM
73 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"two SD"

New York, US

I recently shot about 60 photos with the d7000. I had it set up so the second SD card was backup.

When I popped out the card in slot number one the photos I had just taken were not there.

I looked at the second card and they were there.

The first card in the camera did not show the photos also.

What happened? I shoot backup with NEF and Jpeg.

How can I fix this?

Brian Fass
Cinematographer
www.brianfass.com
Photographer
www.brianfassphotography.com
brianfass@me.com
NYC

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
NickMilner Gold Member Nikonian since 01st Jul 2013Tue 13-Aug-13 01:20 PM
75 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: two SD"
In response to Reply # 0

Manchester, GB

Is it a problem with the card itself? What card are you using? Have you tried swapping them to see if you get the same behaviour?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

PerroneFord Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2011Tue 13-Aug-13 01:44 PM
2510 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: two SD"
In response to Reply # 0

Tallahassee, US

Which slot is set to primary? And was the card write protected? Was the card formatted in the camera prior to use?

------
Webpage: http://www.ptfphoto.com

briafast Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2010Tue 13-Aug-13 02:21 PM
73 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: two SD"
In response to Reply # 1

New York, US

I don't think it is the cards. I just tried it again and the shot went to both cards I think I will shoot a bunch of test shots and see what happens.

BF

Brian Fass
Cinematographer
www.brianfass.com
Photographer
brianfass@me.com
NYC

briafast Silver Member Nikonian since 26th Dec 2010Tue 13-Aug-13 02:24 PM
#4. "RE: two SD"
In response to Reply # 2

New York, US

Slot one is the primary and slot two is designated as backup. The card was not formatted before using.

Is that something I should to do to all new cards?

Brian Fass
Cinematographer
www.brianfass.com
Photographer
brianfass@me.com
NYC

luckyphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010Tue 13-Aug-13 02:42 PM
743 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: two SD"
In response to Reply # 4

Port Charlotte, US

Yes. Every time I put a card in my camera (new or otherwise) I format it on the camera. Formatting the card on the computer can be problematic. It may work 20 times in a row and then come up with errors.

If I format it in the camera, I know it's formatted correctly for that camera.

Larry

"Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #29350 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.