Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28915
View in threaded mode

Subject: "D7000 Ok button and 'up' selector doesn't work. Turned ..." Previous topic | Next topic
Ronald Lee Registered since 10th Aug 2012Tue 16-Jul-13 07:06 AM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"D7000 Ok button and 'up' selector doesn't work. Turned off or defective camera?"

Vancouver, CA

Hi there, a friend of mine asked me to clean her D7000 and I noticed that the OK button and the up selector on the selection dial is not working.

The dial works from left to right and down however.

Is this something that is set in the menus or is something wrong with the camera? Its two years old, so how long is the Nikon warranty for the camera (I'm in Canada).

Thanks.

Ronald

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
dwaycie Silver Member Nikonian since 23rd Nov 2008Tue 16-Jul-13 07:01 PM
261 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: D7000 Ok button and 'up' selector doesn't work. Turned off or defective camera?"
In response to Reply # 0

Buffalo Grove, US

It sounds like a camera problem -- certainly not in settings.
I'd suggest doing a full reset (page 151 of the English manual - hold both buttons with a green dot).
If that doesn't fix it, it probably needs service. US warranty is one year - I'd guess the same for Canada.
I hope the reset works.

Dave

Rassie Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2006Tue 16-Jul-13 08:50 PM
2841 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: D7000 Ok button and 'up' selector doesn't work. Turned off or defective camera?"
In response to Reply # 0

Milton, CA

Canadian warranty is two years.

Regards

My Nikonians gallery

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #28915 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.