Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27525
View in threaded mode

Subject: "ML-L3 Question...to be or not to be ???????" Previous topic | Next topic
BigBen636 Registered since 28th Feb 2013Sun 19-May-13 11:28 PM
94 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"ML-L3 Question...to be or not to be ???????"

IL

I frequently use the ML-L3.
Every time I shut-of the camera I have to re-invoke the ML-L3 option.
Is there a menu setting where the ML-L3 will be an active w/o going back to the menu each time I start the camera ?
TIA,
Ben

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
sabbey51 Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Jan 2010Mon 20-May-13 08:44 PM
537 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: ML-L3 Question...to be or not to be ???????"
In response to Reply # 0

Saddle river, US

What do you mean by re invoke? And which camera?

dm1dave Administrator Awarded for high level knowledge and skills in various areas, most notably in Wildlife and Landscape Writer Ribbon awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Nikonians community Nikonian since 12th Sep 2006Mon 20-May-13 09:35 PM
11294 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: ML-L3 Question...to be or not to be ???????"
In response to Reply # 0

Lowden, US

Hi Ben,

I do not think it is possible to keep the infra-red receiver active longer than the time selected in custom setting c5 – that is a max of 15min. The remote receiver will always be re-set after the camera has been turned off. This is that same for the D700 and the D7100.

The reason is that the IR receiver takes battery power and can drain your battery fairly quickly.

PS It helps us if you fill out your profile so that we know your experience level and the equipment that you are using.

Dave Summers
Lowden, Iowa
Nikonians Photo Contest Director

Nikonians membership -
"My most important photographic investment, after the camera"

My Nikonians Gallery | SummersPhotoGraphic.com | My Crated Gallery
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Showcase your best work in any of our 7 Monthly Nikonians Photo contests.

Wildlife | Landscape | Macro | Sports | Travel | Online Assignments | Best of Nikonians 2014

BigBen636 Registered since 28th Feb 2013Mon 20-May-13 10:35 PM
94 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: ML-L3 Question...to be or not to be ???????"
In response to Reply # 1

IL

D7100
I mean to set the ML-L3 option each time I start the camera.
Ben

BigBen636 Registered since 28th Feb 2013Mon 20-May-13 10:39 PM
#4. "RE: ML-L3 Question...to be or not to be ???????"
In response to Reply # 2

IL

Thank you.
My previous DSLR was a D200 and bought it when it came out. Never felt I 'tamed the tiger' so the D7100 has of course new additional options to learn.
Ben
PS I worked on my Profile as you suggested.

martinjp Registered since 02nd Mar 2013Thu 23-May-13 01:22 AM
26 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: ML-L3 Question...to be or not to be ???????"
In response to Reply # 0

US

>I frequently use the ML-L3.
>Every time I shut-of the camera I have to re-invoke the ML-L3
>option.
>Is there a menu setting where the ML-L3 will be an active w/o
>going back to the menu each time I start the camera ?
>TIA,
>Ben

Hi Ben,

This is one of two functions (1.3 mode being the other) that I've found the new info button useful for. You can just hit the i button and toggle to the ML-L3 setting to turn it back on. I missed being able to turn it back on using the top button on my D90 so I was happy to find it on the info screen. I hate going to the menus setting.

BigBen636 Registered since 28th Feb 2013Fri 24-May-13 05:36 AM
#6. "RE: ML-L3 Question...to be or not to be ???????"
In response to Reply # 5

IL

Thank you for your suggestion.
D7100 has many interesting features compared to my old D200.
Must admit I miss the 'feel' of the D200, but enjoy learning the new features on the D7100.
Thanks again,
Ben

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #27525 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.