Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #23064
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Mirror up and Timer" Previous topic | Next topic
bill unger Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Oct 2011Thu 03-Jan-13 10:52 PM
54 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Mirror up and Timer"

manchester, US

Is there any way to set for Mirror Up and Self timer at the same time?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Gamecocks Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Jul 2010Fri 04-Jan-13 12:20 AM
982 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Mirror up and Timer"
In response to Reply # 0

Joanna, US

I'd believe that since both are on the Release Mode Dial it is not possible - Ck page 77 of your manual for the description of each mode.

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others. <><

Chris Platt Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Sep 2012Fri 04-Jan-13 02:13 AM
474 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Mirror up and Timer"
In response to Reply # 0

Newburg, US

You can turn on exposure delay mode when you are using the self timer. That will lift the mirror about one second before the shutter releases mostly eliminating mirror slap vibrations unless you're using a very long lens or really unstable tripod.

Visit my gallery.

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #23064 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.