Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22480
View in threaded mode

Subject: "Cheapest battery grip for d7000" Previous topic | Next topic
Habitualvoyeur Registered since 22nd Nov 2012Fri 07-Dec-12 04:12 AM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Cheapest battery grip for d7000"
Fri 07-Dec-12 04:17 AM by Habitualvoyeur

AU

Going to Tasmania for new years. Need a battery grip, hopefully will be camping out in the rainforests's out west. Any help or links directly would be appreciated, especailly with equipment youve owned , or still own and is up and running.

Phil

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Isaac Saunders Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Aug 2012Fri 07-Dec-12 05:02 AM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Cheapest battery grip for d7000"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 07-Dec-12 05:03 AM by Isaac Saunders

Orrtanna, US

It is not the cheapest grip, but I have the Nikon MB-D11. I had shopped around for a bit and in the end you pay more, but the quality is deffinately worth it.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Habitualvoyeur Registered since 22nd Nov 2012Fri 07-Dec-12 05:11 AM
6 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Cheapest battery grip for d7000"
In response to Reply # 1

AU

Just seen this topic.

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=329&topic_id=17465&mesg_id=17465&page=2

basically answered my question, cant afford your option sadly . Thanks though

tekneektom Gold Member Nikonian since 18th Nov 2011Fri 07-Dec-12 07:26 PM
1770 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Cheapest battery grip for d7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Land O Lakes, US

Phil,

Over a year ago I purchased a Neewer Battery Grip for my D7000 thru Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Vertical-Battery-Digital-EN-EL15/dp/B0050F2Z4Y/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1354911801&sr=8-2&keywords=d7000+battery+grip

I've got over 50,000 shutter actuations with the grip and I'm really pleased. And the $36.15 really beats the MBD11 cost of $214.

Have fun in Tasmania!

Tom

Habitualvoyeur Registered since 22nd Nov 2012Thu 13-Dec-12 03:59 AM
#4. "RE: Cheapest battery grip for d7000"
In response to Reply # 3

AU

50,000 i like the maths involved there. Had a problem due to the posting to auz and cant afford to have it posted before i leave. But will order one for when i get back and, have to do with a replacement battery for the time being.

VicW Silver Member Nikonian since 05th Dec 2002Fri 14-Dec-12 04:23 AM
68 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Cheapest battery grip for d7000"
In response to Reply # 0

Grosse Pointe, US

I have looked at several and have not come to a conclusion. It appears that the Nikon grip is the only one that is metal. This is little comfort in spending good money on a tripod and putting a plastic plate between it and your camera. For the D300, I found a great used Nikon. For the 7000, no bargains yet.

km6xz Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, including Portraits and Urban Photography Nikonian since 22nd Jan 2009Sat 15-Dec-12 08:29 AM
3295 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Cheapest battery grip for d7000"
In response to Reply # 5

St Petersburg, RU

Actually, the Nikon D7000 grip is 1/2 metal and the rest is plastic.

I have used my Meike grip on my D7000 which has gotten rough use in event shooting and 45,000 frames and it looks and works as new. $65.

My D90 has a Zeikos grip and has 90,000 frames without any sign of wear and tear. In fact the camera grip rubber swelled and came off the camera but the Zeikos grip rubber looks like new. About $60

So when I added the D800 I splurged and bought a Pixel grip for $105. It has a metal reinforcement plate for the tripod threads.

I have better use for the $800 I saved getting 3 aftermarket grips over the Nikon versions than Nikon does.
Stan
St Petersburg Russia

Forums Lobby GET TO KNOW YOUR CAMERA & MASTER IT Nikon D7100, D7000 (Public) topic #22480 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.